Coaching carousel

Heard it is official, GT coach canned
Our programmer where I work is a GT graduate. He told me that most fans felt that the Collins experiment was over on Friday. To qualify his statement, he spends $4K a year for 3rd row seats at the 45 yard line at Bobby Dodd. He says he wants GT to go back to a triple option. He actually wants Jeff Monken from Army.

Heard it is official, GT coach canned

After going a combined 9-25 in Collins’ first three seasons, Georgia Tech is off to just a 1-3 start in 2022. The Yellow Jackets had a win over Western Carolina but lost to Clemson, Ole Miss and UCF by a combined margin of 110-20.

Following Saturday’s loss to UCF, Georgia Tech has lost nine consecutive games against FBS opponents. In the 27-10 loss, Georgia Tech outgained UCF by more than 100 yards but was plagued by the same mistakes that have been constant throughout Collins’ tenure. The Yellow Jackets failed to score on five red-zone trips, committed too many penalties, missed two field goals and had a punt blocked for the fourth time in just four games. To make matters worse, the punt that was blocked was returned for a touchdown.

With the loss, Collins dropped to 10-28 as Georgia Tech’s head coach with just a 7-19 mark in ACC play.

Our programmer where I work is a GT graduate. He told me that most fans felt that the Collins experiment was over on Friday. To qualify his statement, he spends $4K a year for 3rd row seats at the 45 yard line at Bobby Dodd. He says he wants GT to go back to a triple option. He actually wants Jeff Monken from Army.
I did not think any ACC teams charged so much for season tickets no matter what seats. That says something for GTs fanbase. I know Pitt and VT charge far less and complain about their prices.

Also, the triple option is unconventional, but that is why it works. Very hard to prepare for since it is rarely used. If you recruit the right players, I could see GT being a decent team with it. In my opinion, if they want to go to a rushing style offense, I think a better option would be to run a spread option similar to Rich Rod or Oregon. Again, you need to have the right players, but I don't think the ACC has the defense to stop it.

No program can win consistently without signing top rated recruits.
Define winning consistently and top rated recruits. If you are saying a 75% winning percentage and top 25 recruiting classes, I could name a few outliers for your statement. Let's take my school as an example.

WVU between 2002 and 2007 had a 76% (05-07 was over 86%) winning percentage and never had a top 25 recruiting class in that timeframe. Best players were all 3 ⭐. Could have kept it up if the coach could have kept it in his pants and not got on the outs with the AD.