Coaching carousel

So, is this the correct list so far this year. 5 weeks in the books, 5 head coaches canned.

09/11 Scott Frost, Nebraska (1-2)
09/18 Herm Edwards, Arizona State (1-2)
09/25 Geoff Collins, Georgia Tech (1-3)
10/03 Karl Dorrell, Colorado (0-5)
10/03 Paul Cryst, Wisconsin (2-3)

Who will be next? My only thought would be maybe Shaw at Stanford (1-3), Hoke at SDSU (2-3) or Brown at WVU (2-3)? Everyone else has already been fired...

So, is this the correct list so far this year. 5 weeks in the books, 5 head coaches canned.

09/11 Scott Frost, Nebraska (1-2)
09/18 Herm Edwards, Arizona State (1-2)
09/25 Geoff Collins, Georgia Tech (1-3)
10/03 Karl Dorrell, Colorado (0-5)
10/03 Paul Cryst, Wisconsin (2-3)

Who will be next? My only thought would be maybe Shaw at Stanford (1-3), Hoke at SDSU (2-3) or Brown at WVU (2-3)? Everyone else has already been fired...
Clock is ticking on Harsin at Auburn.

Last edited:
Wish the clock was ticking for ferentz and his son, but we have an incompetent and chicken shit AD that has given daddy ferentz extension after extension. His buyout is something like 42 million over 6 years. The offense has had problems for years, it's hard to win games when you are 2nd to last in offensive production. I don't care how good the defense is, and Iowa has a good one, but they get tired when they are relied on to win games while trotting out a highschool offense.
We lost to fucking Illinois last night. First time since 08.

I knew it was coming and accepted the reality preseason. I am not saying Harsin was the right guy for the job but will go to my grave saying he wasn't given a fair chance by Auburn. Fuck Yeller Wood.
I think he very well could have been, but the behind the scenes power brokers never gave him a chance and the administration didn’t back him.

I think he very well could have been, but the behind the scenes power brokers never gave him a chance and the administration didn’t back him.
TBH I believe he probably was the right coach to get us on solid footing and I liked the hire. Could he have gotten us to the next level? I don't know but had Yeller Wood have supported the program properly instead of staging a coup before NSD, we could have found out. I have no doubt that given three or four seasons to get his systems in place with players that fit the system we would have at least been a solid ball team.

We fired two coaches in less than 2 years because of booster interference. Any top-notch coach should take a pass on us in the near future.
I'm prolly gonna throw up giving advice to a barner.

Look at Saban. He came in with cred so he could say what he wants. Tell the nosy namby pambys to stay out of his way and let him do what he was hired for.

I'm prolly gonna throw up giving advice to a barner.

Look at Saban. He came in with cred so he could say what he wants. Tell the nosy namby pambys to stay out of his way and let him do what he was hired for.
I agree with your advice and advocate for it. I don't have Yeller Wood's money nor the influence it buys. I don't know if there is a coach with enough stroke to pull that off at Auburn. I really don't understand our boosters, give a coach an extension and fire him the next season, hire replacement and undercut him from day one.

I agree with your advice and advocate for it. I don't have Yeller Wood's money nor the influence it buys. I don't know if there is a coach with enough stroke to pull that off at Auburn. I really don't understand our boosters, give a coach an extension and fire him the next season, hire replacement and undercut him from day one.
CloseAmbitiousKomododragon-max-1mb.gif

Fortunately, while, Dell McGee would probably be the best hire for Auburn, Yella Wood would never allow the hiring of a black man to such a prominent position. Say all the ugly that you want about me, ban me, whatever. Those of us that know how that shit works down here, know how that shit works down here.

This is not even a dig at any of the good Auburn fans that I know personally, the collective Barner fan base hates this as much as I do, and probably WAY more.

It's a damn shame for Dell McGee. As much as I would hate to lose him, he's done his time and deserves his opportunity. Being the HC at his alma mater is the perfect storm for that ugly orange.