***College Basketball Thread***

Congrats to Team USA (ie the Kentucky Wildcats cause they're representing the USA in the GLOBL Jam Tournament in Canada) on beating Germany today. Looks like we got a good crop of new players this year that can be nasty on defense.

Congrats to Team USA (ie the Kentucky Wildcats cause they're representing the USA in the GLOBL Jam Tournament in Canada) on beating Germany today. Looks like we got a good crop of new players this year that can be nasty on defense.
First time Ive been this optimistic in several years.

It's friggin ginormous.

Also, team USA (them Kentucky Wildcats) are 3-0 and headed into the gold medal game today after knocking off BAL Africa Elite/select/or whatever their team name, is yesterday.
They play Canada st 8 PM est for the gold. Its on CBS sports, but if you dont have a live TV plan, you can try you tube or a benevolent Cat fan that has a site on Wix called "Funchester." Google Funchester and wix and you can see if he is showing it.

They play Canada st 8 PM est for the gold. Its on CBS sports, but if you dont have a live TV plan, you can try you tube or a benevolent Cat fan that has a site on Wix called "Funchester." Google Funchester and wix and you can see if he is showing it.

I've "known" Funchester for years now and he's an amazing dude that goes above and beyond to stream UK BBall games for those that can't get them....plus offers edited replays that cut out the commercials. Back more than a few years ago me and him and a few of his buds used to troll the Matt Jones post game call-in show. We always said something about Nate's penis once we got on the air lol.

UK goes 4-0 in Canada to win the GLOBL Jam gold medal. Congrats Cats!! They're looking pretty nasty with just 10 practices and 4 games under their belts......not to mention neither of our 7-footers have been available for these games. We'll see how this translates to the regular season months from now.

What ya think? 2k show up?
Ha, several years ago now Iowa and okie st. Wrestled in Kinnick and officially over 42 thousand showed up. There were more than that there, they stopped taking tickets and just started letting people in after the meet started. By the end I would estimate 50 to 55 thousand in the stands. Kinnick holds 70. It was great, Iowa beat one of their biggest rivals and Iowa set another attendance record. It was an awesome environment to be in and watch a wrestling meet. The weather was perfect for November, 60 to 65 degrees and picture perfect blue bird sky.

The women have like 10000 or more show up just about every game in Carver. I would guess there will be 35 thousand. It's a Sunday I believe and I will probably go. I guarantee my wife and girls will be there. My parents as well.

That's cool to hear. Most women's teams don't get that kinda support, so I was just going off that stereotype.

Ha, several years ago now Iowa and okie st. Wrestled in Kinnick and officially over 42 thousand showed up. There were more than that there, they stopped taking tickets and just started letting people in after the meet started. By the end I would estimate 50 to 55 thousand in the stands. Kinnick holds 70. It was great, Iowa beat one of their biggest rivals and Iowa set another attendance record. It was an awesome environment to be in and watch a wrestling meet. The weather was perfect for November, 60 to 65 degrees and picture perfect blue bird sky.

To me, that's less surprising than the support for the women's bball team. I kinda understand how big wrestling is in Iowa.