College Football Thread 2023 Edition

Seriously, but for (at least as far as I know) previous years. I think there's a big buzz around their program and fan base right now with Brohm getting hired, so maybe they won't have to give away tickets this year, but there's still gonna be a LOT of blue in their stadium the last week of the regular season.

Of course not nearly as many UK fans as will be in Vandy's stadium when we play them. That's always, crowd wise, like a home game for almost every visiting opponent.

@tinp hey, how’d your team do? I know they were battling mighty Minnesota. A juggernaut. I’m sure you guys win easily and are optimistic for a new era and to erase nearly 30 something years of absolute suck. How much did you win by?

UM was 7.5 favorites tonight.
Do I care?

Nebraska is a dead program. A blue blood that- deliciously in the irony, like Minnesota- will NEVER return. Ever.

Ever.

They’re a lucky to make a bowl mediocre faded history shitschool. That is literally their identity now. And it will never change, ever.

But they can always pull out an old VHS tape and slap it in a VCR, adjust the tracking and enjoy that fuzzy standard definition footage without first down markers as they crush opponents. Might even see some max cool radical awesome SEGA genesis commercials. SEGA!

Do I care?

Nebraska is a dead program. A blue blood that- deliciously in the irony, like Minnesota- will NEVER return. Ever.

Ever.

They’re a lucky to make a bowl mediocre faded history shitschool. That is literally their identity now. And it will never change, ever.

But they can always pull out an old VHS tape and slap it in a VCR, adjust the tracking and enjoy that fuzzy standard definition footage without first down markers as they crush opponents. Might even see some max cool radical awesome SEGA genesis commercials. SEGA!
The game was at UM and its Rhule's first year as the NU HC. You would know this if you followed college football outside of Cornbread County.

I'm 2-0 so far so I expect some of my other picks to totally shit the bed because that's just how things work for me. But how are you 0-3 tonight when there were only 2 games on the pickem and I KNOW you picked the Utes over the swamp lizards (I mean, I didn't go check, but you did, right????)
Nope. I picked Florida - stupid right???

Dude, it's kinda hard to be on a cultural high horse when you live in a state that pays you to live there. Just sayin
Cultural high horse? College football is played all across this nation. Believe it or not some college football teams actually want to play their fellow conference members and even harder for some to believe but those teams actually enjoy playing home and home series with P5 teams from other conferences. Amazing.

Cultural high horse? College football is played all across this nation. Believe it or not some college football teams actually want to play their fellow conference members and even harder for some to believe but those teams actually enjoy playing home and home series with P5 teams from other conferences. Amazing.

I was speaking to your cornbread comment specifically, not the merits of anyone's scheduling prowess.