College Football Thread 2023 Edition

You think Toad has actually followed any college football outside of Cornbread County? I'm going with a big fat 'no' on that one.
Good natured ribbing, I don't have any problem with all that and if that's what you intended, so be it and I'll step aside, but this seems more than that and I come from a "cornbread county" too, so maybe it hit a nerve.

And you know I'm not some whiny liberal pussy or anything like that, so you know that's not the direction I'm coming from on this.

Good natured ribbing, I don't have any problem with all that and if that's what you intended, so be it and I'll step aside, but this seems more than that and I come from a "cornbread county" too, so maybe it hit a nerve.

And you know I'm not some whiny liberal pussy or anything like that, so you know that's not the direction I'm coming from on this.
I lived with a gal from the Virginia panhandle ... between Kentucky and Tennessee but not that far from the NC state line. Her family lived in what's called a 'holler' and share cropped tobacco before they moved up to Alaska. That broad made cornbread and beans five out of seven days a week. It was great the first few weeks but after that I started giving my lunch away at work to a black fellow from NC who loved the fvck out of it. With that said I'm all for southern cooking ... other than the groundhog and gravy her mom tried feeding me one night.

I lived with a gal from the Virginia panhandle ... between Kentucky and Tennessee but not that far from the NC state line. Her family lived in what's called a 'holler' and share cropped tobacco before they moved up to Alaska. That broad made cornbread and beans five out of seven days a week. It was great the first few weeks but after that I started giving my lunch away at work to a black fellow from NC who loved the fvck out of it. With that said I'm all for southern cooking ... other than the groundhog and gravy her mom tried feeding me one night.

Was she a transplanted 13 year old Ukranian gal? Asking for a friend ;)

A side story to that. They had some homemade whiskey shipped up called 'shine'. She tried telling me to sip it and and I said I can drink with anyone so save the sh1t. They told me they picked me up off the floor the next morning and drug me into the living room where there was carpet.

Was she a transplanted 13 year old Ukranian gal? Asking for a friend ;)
She was batsh1t crazy as was the entire family. There were six sisters, their mom had shot their father after he was found out to be fvcking the three oldest sisters and afterwards the mom married the dad's brother ... no having to change last names. That's when they moved to Alaska. No sh1t, that family had musical abilities that would blow most people away. On Sunday's after church they would 'pick' ... that means play the guitar and sing and all of those gals could sing like a song bird. It was when they drank that they went pure fvcking nuts to the point they would pull knives on each other.

Outside of Dixie ... yes I do. Nobody back east follows college football west of the Missouri tmk.
You’ve gotta be dumber than hell for thinking my baiting and trolling you by dismissing all western/pacific football outside of USC as being inferior and inconsequential - though it is- as meaning I’m ignorant of it.

You’ve gotta be dumber than hell for thinking my baiting and trolling you by dismissing all western/pacific football outside of USC as being inferior and inconsequential - though it is- as meaning I’m ignorant of it.
Not sure if you're trolling me with that post or not.

A side story to that. They had some homemade whiskey shipped up called 'shine'. She tried telling me to sip it and and I said I can drink with anyone so save the sh1t. They told me they picked me up off the floor the next morning and drug me into the living room where there was carpet.

She was batsh1t crazy as was the entire family. There were six sisters, their mom had shot their father after he was found out to be fvcking the three oldest sisters and afterwards the mom married the dad's brother ... no having to change last names. That's when they moved to Alaska. No sh1t, that family had musical abilities that would blow most people away. On Sunday's after church they would 'pick' ... that means play the guitar and sing and all of those gals could sing like a song bird. It was when they drank that they went pure fvcking nuts to the point they would pull knives on each other.

Dude, I'm from Kentucky originally....I know what "picking" is and I know what drinking and raising hell is (double whammy there....I'm from KY and a Marine)

Dude, I'm from Kentucky originally....I know what "picking" is and I know what drinking and raising hell is (double whammy there....I'm from KY and a Marine)
My uncle who was living in Nashville at the time married a gal from Kentucky and after he met the gal I was living with he told me she was straight up hillbilly and to watch my back because I could end up a victim. That's when I started to learn how to sleep with one eye open. I've never seen a family go at each other with weapons .. skillets, knives .. anything within reach and try to brain each other like that family.

My uncle who was living in Nashville at the time married a gal from Kentucky and after he met the gal I was living with he told me she was straight up hillbilly and to watch my back because I could end up a victim. That's when I started to learn how to sleep with one eye open. I've never seen a family go at each other with weapons .. skillets, knives .. anything within reach and try to brain each other like that family.

That's a Tuesday in the hollers lol

Do I care?

Nebraska is a dead program. A blue blood that- deliciously in the irony, like Minnesota- will NEVER return. Ever.

Ever.

They’re a lucky to make a bowl mediocre faded history shitschool. That is literally their identity now. And it will never change, ever.

But they can always pull out an old VHS tape and slap it in a VCR, adjust the tracking and enjoy that fuzzy standard definition footage without first down markers as they crush opponents. Might even see some max cool radical awesome SEGA genesis commercials. SEGA!
Me thinks this post was not just aimed toward the Nebraska program, but a particular Nebraska fan lol

Holy hell. This is a first heard for me because Spectrum apparently are too big of pussies to let their customers know that the network that carries the vast majority of college football games is blocked from their customers because they cannot spend my fucking money wisely. I just want that one thing and I will find my UK games via other sources, but that's bullshit and they done pissed off a Marine right before the season starts because I don't only wanna watch UK games. Uggggghhhhhhh
Streameast.xyz