College Football Thread 2023 Edition

I’m more disappointed than angry. I wasn’t shocked by the committee’s choice. And fun to my head if not FSU I’d probably disagree less on it.

But it’s just disheartening. This team has done so much and accomplished so much for the this program, they deserved to see it all the way through. I fee devastated for JT who has The Committee (and ESPN) announcing to the world he fucked up by getting injured.

It’s also disheartening as a general fan of the sport. People over the years ask me why I love this game more than the league and I give them a number of reasons. But this is one time I pick the NFL and it’s superiority. I witnessed one of the greatest Super Bowl Runs of all time. Imagine telling the Eagles in 2017, “Sorry guys, even though you have the best record and resume, you struggled against the Raiders and Giants, we can’t le to you play for the Bowl”

People would laugh in the League’s face.

For the record I hold no ill will to the Four playoff teams who are all worthy of a shot. I just guess in the end bad timing.

I hope Mike and the staff don’t dwell on this too long. Despite this heart break, there is still a lot to be built on moving forward and this can rally the build to be sped up.

Now I’m gonna crack a beer and get ready to watch the Eagles.

GAczbQOaIAA9PDQ

Pretty confident that they wanted butts in the seats...

After the title games, I thought the SEC would still get a representative into the CFP because I just could not see a playoff where they were left out. If UGA would have won, I think it would have been the 4 P5 undefeateds. Since Bama won, it's hard to put them in over UT, and FSU with their 3rd sting QB is the logical drop. I think they have the 4 best teams for the best games, but it's gotta sting for FSU to do everything you can and still not make it. More ammo in their pocket to break the GoR and jump conferences.