***College Wrestling Thread***

Marcus Blaze, HS wrestler from Ohio (Perrysburg outside Toledo) beat Ramos who beat Spencer Lee. Occasionally we see Perrysburg kids in youth and they whoop us. They're a big school and we (OH school) are tiny. Heck they'd beat our Indiana school, but we (IN school) are a small school too.
And, Alexa Bliss?

Marcus Blaze, HS wrestler from Ohio (Perrysburg outside Toledo) beat Ramos who beat Spencer Lee. Occasionally we see Perrysburg kids in youth and they whoop us. They're a big school and we (OH school) are tiny. Heck they'd beat our Indiana school, but we (IN school) are a small school too.
A very very hurt and hobbled Spencer Lee. I fear we will never get to see him at his best. He's the top rung in the world when he is healthy.

Still a hawkeye state. Iowa's most depleted team in years because of the suspensions, and Iowa state, with their best team in years, and they still can't beat us. 18 to 14 Iowa wins. I believe the win streak is something like 18 or 20 in a row for Iowa.

Still a hawkeye state. Iowa's most depleted team in years because of the suspensions, and Iowa state, with their best team in years, and they still can't beat us. 18 to 14 Iowa wins. I believe the win streak is something like 18 or 20 in a row for Iowa.
Should have recorded it to watch later as we had a "pre-season" tournament with the boys. My stepson & cousin's boy struggled yesterday even though they've been going to an RTC a bit. My son shocked us all by getting 2nd. He's young so he will get his stretch of getting beat at some point. The other 2 have it mentally as you see them trying to do the right stuff but just haven't executed it yet. Their bubbles burst, but I think we did a good job bringing them back to Earth & back to a good perspective.

Should have recorded it to watch later as we had a "pre-season" tournament with the boys. My stepson & cousin's boy struggled yesterday even though they've been going to an RTC a bit. My son shocked us all by getting 2nd. He's young so he will get his stretch of getting beat at some point. The other 2 have it mentally as you see them trying to do the right stuff but just haven't executed it yet. Their bubbles burst, but I think we did a good job bringing them back to Earth & back to a good perspective.
It seems like that's the hardest thing to do for kids that expect to win, and then don't. I hope they learn from it and have success.

I hated loosing, absolutely hated it. Still do. I always kept it together on the mat, never threw a fit out there like some kids do, but away from eyes I would once in awhile go off, no whinging or crying, just rage at myself. My dad was always good at getting me back where I should be. Part of that was the coach in him and part was "I'm going to whip your ass if you don't stop".

I hated loosing, absolutely hated it. Still do. I always kept it together on the mat, never threw a fit out there like some kids do, but away from eyes I would once in awhile go off, no whinging or crying, just rage at myself. My dad was always good at getting me back where I should be. Part of that was the coach in him and part was "I'm going to whip your ass if you don't stop".
I didn't get to stop my cousin's boy after the first match from coming off with tears as stepson was going out to his match. Stepson got suckered into a headlock early and it was lights out. He went to cry just off the mat. I stopped him and grabbed under his chin & lifted it up and told him no crying. Reminded him that this was expected as he's had 1 official club practice outside RTC that he's went sparingly due to how our custody schedule works. Did get my cousin's boy the 2nd time as he easily could & should have been pinned but didn't. I made it a point that it was huge, bc if we have that in a dual it's huge saving that team point.

@Copejunkie do you think Kueter and Hutmacher continue the season at HWT. I expected more from Kueter though he did well.
Hutmacher certainly will continue. Kueter was gassed after the first. He's not in wrestling shape yet and he's not big enough. He needs another 30 pounds on him. He will be in trouble with the bigger guys just from a size and power aspect. He's better than hill but I'm not sure it's best for him to wrestle full time this year. He's definitely talented.

Hutmacher certainly will continue. Kueter was gassed after the first. He's not in wrestling shape yet and he's not big enough. He needs another 30 pounds on him. He will be in trouble with the bigger guys just from a size and power aspect. He's better than hill but I'm not sure it's best for him to wrestle full time this year. He's definitely talented.
Having had Gable, it's tough to gauge if either gets to his level.