***College Wrestling Thread***

@CowpokeU being announced Anthony Ferrari is committing to Iowa tomorrow. Not sure how i feel about this. Hope aj dosen't tag along. More interested in the youngest brother

@CowpokeU being announced Anthony Ferrari is committing to Iowa tomorrow. Not sure how i feel about this. Hope aj dosen't tag along. More interested in the youngest brother
Get used to hearing about white men being the best wrestlers & the n word with a hard r from his dumbass uncle. They aren't going to last in Iowa City. This whole family is absolute toxic slime

I know. I'm not really wanting them here
Dude, you should have seen oSu Twitter when he announced Iowa yesterday blowing his commitment to oSu. Everyone was celebrating, we were terrified of that stupid ass family coming back in.

If you've been to a dual or listened close enough live, AJs family can be heard cussing up a storm while he was wrestling.

They are built for Pedd, they won't last at Iowa just like they didn't at oSu. We have identical cultures & are too storied to deal with bullshit, I give it two years max.

Dude, you should have seen oSu Twitter when he announced Iowa yesterday blowing his commitment to oSu. Everyone was celebrating, we were terrified of that stupid ass family coming back in.

If you've been to a dual or listened close enough live, AJs family can be heard cussing up a storm while he was wrestling.

They are built for Pedd, they won't last at Iowa just like they didn't at oSu. We have identical cultures & are too storied to deal with bullshit, I give it two years max.
I am hoping that they will have the absolute shortest leash possible. No screw ups. No drinking, no bars or noght clubs, no flexing, go to class, 3.0 grade average, in bed by 10, no stupid posts on the internet or loud mouthing in person, that goes for them and their family. Be respectful of team mates and opposing teams and fans, no trash talking, No chasing women, no derogatory stuff, don't even breathe without first getting the ok. One screw up and you're gone. If I was coach that's would be my terms. I don't want them here, they are cancer run amuck.

Someone claiming to be a parent of a Minnesota wrestler just private messaged me on Facebook stating Nagao basically made the decision for his family. He's getting a 6 figure NIL deal. Penn State cornered him and his parents to transfer and he tearfully let the team know he was transferring. Just insane.

Sounds like Brayton is transferring from Minnesota to IU. Guess I'll root for an IU wrestler but am heartbroken he's not finishing in a Gopher singlet. We are going from a proud program to basically another run of the mill from this NIL bs.
This is news to me. Damn, I'm really surprised by that. I assume he will be eligible 2nd semester.

This is news to me. Damn, I'm really surprised by that. I assume he will be eligible 2nd semester.
Yeah one of our 2 RTC's posted the announcement & were pumped. I was devastated to say the least. I was looking forward to him in a Gopher singlet & being healthy and competing at the top. Shocked the hell out of me. I wish him the best though as he's been a class act from HS through today. He, Gable, CP, & Dustin will still be my favorite Gophers all time. Maybe I can convince him to take over our new HS program in Ohio or help with our IN HS program. Doubt either happens.

Any thoughts for the season @Copejunkie @CowpokeU ? Saturday & next week starts up the youth wrestling season. Expecting the OH side HS football team to lose tonight & move to wrestling. Hoping our IN side doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. Hoping for another state football game appearance as the wrestling team will be down. The weight class shift really f'd us over and guessing one or both of our stud football players will forgo their Sr wrestling season bc of it. One is too heavy for 215 but too light for HWT, and HWT will most likely be doing football stuff for college. Really sucks because that was 2 of 4 hammers all in a row probably gone and now we have a weak spot or forfeit instead of normally getting 5 or 6.

The hvy ought to wrestle. But if he dosen't the other guy, if he's to big for 215 should be big enough for hvy. I think iowa is going to have a good team, but the gambling thing hurts. Who knows if those guys get to wrestle. Ped st will win it again.

The hvy ought to wrestle. But if he dosen't the other guy, if he's to big for 215 should be big enough for hvy. I think iowa is going to have a good team, but the gambling thing hurts. Who knows if those guys get to wrestle. Ped st will win it again.
Hwt made it to state in his 2nd year wrestling. Word is he's going to focus on college football at whatever level since he's played sparingly from high ankle sprain. Think the former 220 should wrestle HWT but guess he isn't thrilled about giving 60 lbs up after being the full back for football that gets the ball alot. He won't beat the coaches son for 215. Coaches son was 195 but that's gone and he will probably be naturally 205ish. The wildcard SR at 182 will definitely be 190. He was looking good & won his only tournament match last year. He got checked out by the trainer after the match and was done for season with a concussion.