Do you like Ham?

Bama Believer

18 and Counting! Roll Tide!!!
I'm prolly in the minority here, but Ham is my least favorite meat,, its not that I dont like it,, I just find it kinda bland and lacking that pop that a carnivore is looking for..
my work passed out some 20 pound smoked hams earlier this week and of course I took it home, its already smoked but I heated it up on the pellet grill for several hours at 200 degrees with hickory smoke..
I started trying to carve it up,, thats a big ass piece of meat, (literally).. so much fucking meat... I separated the bone at the joints and froze two pieces that will make some good white beans on new years day, and gave the longest part to my dogs,,
I just heated up a couple of pieces in a skillet with olive oil and kinda crisped up the edges and that was pretty decent on a cheddar bay biscuit.. and does anybody else remember the old slim jim sandwich from shoneys big boy.. those were amazing..
What do yall do with all your ham???

I'm prolly in the minority here, but Ham is my least favorite meat,, its not that I dont like it,, I just find it kinda bland and lacking that pop that a carnivore is looking for..
my work passed out some 20 pound smoked hams earlier this week and of course I took it home, its already smoked but I heated it up on the pellet grill for several hours at 200 degrees with hickory smoke..
I started trying to carve it up,, thats a big ass piece of meat, (literally).. so much fucking meat... I separated the bone at the joints and froze two pieces that will make some good white beans on new years day, and gave the longest part to my dogs,,
I just heated up a couple of pieces in a skillet with olive oil and kinda crisped up the edges and that was pretty decent on a cheddar bay biscuit.. and does anybody else remember the old slim jim sandwich from shoneys big boy.. those were amazing..
What do yall do with all your ham???
I am like you with ham ... I like it best as pulled BBQ or in beans.

I may have spoke too soon,, since Ive got so much, I've been playing around with some in the skillet, trim some pieces into like 2 bite sizes and put them into the skillet and cook to a breakfast ham type doneness, squirt a little maple syrup in the skillet to mix with the evoo, take off the heat, flip once more to coat each piece, let cool, add a slice of jalepeno.. shits good.. I might put some on a plate and set out for the iron bowl..

I may have spoke too soon,, since Ive got so much, I've been playing around with some in the skillet, trim some pieces into like 2 bite sizes and put them into the skillet and cook to a breakfast ham type doneness, squirt a little maple syrup in the skillet to mix with the evoo, take off the heat, flip once more to coat each piece, let cool, add a slice of jalepeno.. shits good.. I might put some on a plate and set out for the iron bowl..
I like to cube it and make ham fried rice.

Not a big ham fan myself other than in beans but I heat up those smoked hams from Walmart every Christmas because it's easy.

00220268000004-xrjP5S8StFXVAomr-en-US-0_s500.jpg

If you’re ever in New Jersey, you gotta try the Taylor Ham. Apparently in south Jersey, they call it Pork Roll, but it’s the same shit. Pretty damn good.