Does waste bother you

With 2 teenagers in my house, Ill never have to worry about food waste. My 14 year old grew a foot in a year. Im 6'1 and my son's 6'2. Now I know how my dad felt.

Yeah, well, I'm 5'8". My son passed that about the age of 13. He went straight to 6'4" He's the spitting image of my Dad.

He'll be 25 in March and might be the pickiest eater I've ever met.

Going to a buffet seeing people throw out food that they liked and suddenly got too full to eat. There is a reason the plates are usually smaller. Get off your ass and go for another helping instead of loading up on one giant plate. Ive gotten onto my youngest about this. She will come back with a dessert plate that would feed three people and not eat half of it. Embarrassing and wasteful. Not a big buffet guy, but I do enjoy a good chinese buffet every once in a blue moon. I was in an Amish buffet restaurant once, and they had a big sign, saying "waste not, want not." Says alot.
Take this guy with you next time you go to all you can eat buffet.

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ma...more-than-50-lbs-of-food-sues-for-2-millions/
obesetim.jpg

Springfield, MA| A man from Massachusetts is suing Golden Corral Corporation for 2 million dollars for false advertising after being literally thrown out of one of the chain’s restaurants by the employees last Thursday.

According to witnesses, the 51-year-old man who lives on welfare was expelled from the restaurant after he then spent more than 7 hours on-site, ingesting a quantity of food which has been estimated between 50 and 70 pounds.

Despite the fact that the restaurant advertised the buffet as “all-you-can-eat”, the manager of the establishment seems to have lost patience at some point, telling him that his meal would be free but asking him to leave.

The manager’s intervention angered Mr. Fleming, and a brief altercation took place before he was finally pushed out of the restaurant.

He immediately called the police and filed a complaint against the restaurant, and he intends to make the people responsible for his mistreatment, pay for their actions.

“It’s a serious injustice, and I am deeply insulted!” Mr. Flemmings told reporters.
“With my income, I rarely go to the restaurant, so I try to get as much as I can for my money when I do. This was the worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant. Not only did they kick me out while I was still hungry, but they looked at me like I was disgusting, like I was not even worthy of eating there! It’s unacceptable, and I demand a compensation!”
The direction of the restaurant chain quickly issued a press release announcing that the decision to expel Mr. Flemmings was a regrettable personal initiative from an overzealous franchise manager.

They also said that some financial indemnities had been offered to compensate the damage suffered by the victim, but had been refused.

Mr. Flemmings confirmed that he had been offered a significant amount of money by the company, but he is convinced that he can get more if he goes to court.

The primary hearing, in this case, should take place on March 7, at the Springfield District Court.

Take this guy with you next time you go to all you can eat buffet.

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ma...more-than-50-lbs-of-food-sues-for-2-millions/
obesetim.jpg

Springfield, MA| A man from Massachusetts is suing Golden Corral Corporation for 2 million dollars for false advertising after being literally thrown out of one of the chain’s restaurants by the employees last Thursday.

According to witnesses, the 51-year-old man who lives on welfare was expelled from the restaurant after he then spent more than 7 hours on-site, ingesting a quantity of food which has been estimated between 50 and 70 pounds.

Despite the fact that the restaurant advertised the buffet as “all-you-can-eat”, the manager of the establishment seems to have lost patience at some point, telling him that his meal would be free but asking him to leave.

The manager’s intervention angered Mr. Fleming, and a brief altercation took place before he was finally pushed out of the restaurant.

He immediately called the police and filed a complaint against the restaurant, and he intends to make the people responsible for his mistreatment, pay for their actions.

“It’s a serious injustice, and I am deeply insulted!” Mr. Flemmings told reporters.

The direction of the restaurant chain quickly issued a press release announcing that the decision to expel Mr. Flemmings was a regrettable personal initiative from an overzealous franchise manager.

They also said that some financial indemnities had been offered to compensate the damage suffered by the victim, but had been refused.

Mr. Flemmings confirmed that he had been offered a significant amount of money by the company, but he is convinced that he can get more if he goes to court.

The primary hearing, in this case, should take place on March 7, at the Springfield District Court.
Simpsons did it.

b844f26ab1e7e22844f4771278456dd6.jpg

I hate plastic. Plastic is in everything and most times people just throw it in the garbage at fast food places so it ends up with non recyclables.

I grew up with the "want not, waste not" kind of mentality around me. My grams knew how
to reuse or recycle about anything. I guess we older folks have more of a problem with it, it
seems. I'm 'trying' to teach and show my kids by example... they seem to get it so far.
My grandmother grew up in the Great Depression. She used to mix bread crumbs with her hamburgers to make the meat go farther. My grandparents were by no means poor later in life, but she still made hamburgers the same way because it was how she grew up and everyone liked the way they tasted.

I also had a friend once that was a family friend of an old millionaire. You would never know he was rich, but he lived in a nice, but not extravagant home. He owned an oil company along with numerous businesses and was way long retired at his age. This family owned a house in the Bahamas, classic cars, etc (purchased by his grown kids of course). He was a self-made man, most likely a young man during the depression era also. Well, my friend once walked into his kitchen finding the old millionaire emptying out fast food ketchup and mustard packets into mason jars... and nope he wasnt senile. I guess that mentality is how he became so wealthy!

My grandmother grew up in the Great Depression. She used to mix bread crumbs with her hamburgers to make the meat go farther. My grandparents were by no means poor later in life, but she still made hamburgers the same way because everyone liked the way they tasted.

I also had a friend once that was a family friend of an old millionaire. You would never know he was rich, but he lived in a nice, but not extravagant home. He owned an oil company along with numerous businesses and was way long retired at his age. This family owned a house in the Bahamas, classic cars, etc (purchased by his grown kids of course). He was a self-made man, most likely a young man during the depression era also. Well, my friend once walked into his kitchen finding the old millionaire emptying out fast food ketchup and mustard packets into mason jars... and nope he wasnt senile. I guess that mentality is how he became so wealthy!
Same. My grams was born in 1910... very resourceful.

My grandmother grew up in the Great Depression. She used to mix bread crumbs with her hamburgers to make the meat go farther. My grandparents were by no means poor later in life, but she still made hamburgers the same way because it was how she grew up and everyone liked the way they tasted.

That sounds like my wife's grandfather, except he was a house builder with a lakeside winter home in Florida. I guess the saying he and many of his generation lived by was worry about the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.

That sounds like my wife's grandfather, except he was a house builder with a lakeside winter home in Florida. I guess the saying he and many of his generation lived by was worry about the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
My grandmother used to talk about only being allotted so many "tickets" or something to buy meat and stuff during WWII when my grandfather was in the war, so she had to make it stretch.

My wife's grandparents were the same way. My wifes grandmother never threw anything away. If she thought that someone could fix it or reuse it, she kept it. They had a huge beef cattle farm.

My grandmother used to talk about only being allotted so many "tickets" or something to buy meat and stuff during WWII when my grandfather was in the war, so she had to make it stretch.

My grandfather was still sharecropping back then and dad was working mornings at a local dairy farm getting paid in milk and eggs along with helping grandpa farm. Grandpa said they had more during the rationing because they were able to sell part of their coupons to be able to buy goods with the other part of the coupons that they normally would not have been able to afford.

My grandfather was still sharecropping back then and dad was working mornings at a local dairy farm getting paid in milk and eggs along with helping grandpa farm. Grandpa said they had more during the rationing because they were able to sell part of their coupons to be able to buy goods with the other part of the coupons that they normally would not have been able to afford.
Can you imagine the shock of some of today's younger generation dealing with that? 😂 I mean, I would have some shock too, but them... It would be pure panic.

Can you imagine the shock of some of today's younger generation dealing with that? 😂 I mean, I would have some shock too, but them... It would be pure panic.

I doubt the young'uns could deal with long distance charges for calling the next town over, much less paying internet by the minute with a 14.4 kbit modem. Don't get me started on baud rate and BBS boards. And I can remember having to walk across the room to change a black and white television channel … up hill, both ways in the snow. GET OF MY DAMN LAWN AND THAT AINT REAL MUSIC!!!

H2B, just to put a cent in, bread crumbs or oatmeal crushed crackers or potato chips are all good additives for hamburgers, like stated they do make the meat go further but also absorb some of the burger fat making the burger less dry and taste better :)