How do you make your COFFEE

I've switched over to cold brew coffee for my daily drink.

I still break out the Bialetti and Lavazza when I want something to kick me in the teeth. 😎

I make it good - really good. Coffee is best fresh. Fresh like in roasting the green beans, burr grind, filter the water and brew it with a restaurant grade Bunn VP-17. A full pot in about four minutes. You then remove from heat and pour in a carafe. Drink with just a shot of half and half.

Exposed to air coffee starts to go bad four days after it is roasted and four minutes after being ground. My ex said when she met me she thought I was a coffee snob but quickly shifted to I just like good coffee.

Lately I have been lazy and using Sam's choice Ethiopian and Colombian whole bean. I will throw in the Samatrian on occasion.

I make it good - really good. Coffee is best fresh. Fresh like in roasting the green beans, burr grind, filter the water and brew it with a restaurant grade Bunn VP-17. A full pot in about four minutes. You then remove from heat and pour in a carafe. Drink with just a shot of half and half.

Exposed to air coffee starts to go bad four days after it is roasted and four minutes after being ground. My ex said when she met me she thought I was a coffee snob but quickly shifted to I just like good coffee.

Lately I have been lazy and using Sam's choice Ethiopian and Colombian whole bean. I will throw in the Samatrian on occasion.
coffee snob.... :) jk,, you sound like a man that knows what he likes 👍

pretty impressive, your really really close to this from Alton Brown

Took a while to get to this point. But it is now a quick easy ritual that gives me a consistent good cup of joe every morning.

BlackHawkDown.jpg

LOL, some good ports in the Med for young Marines to get in trouble at. Was lucky enough to get to Haifa a couple of deployments before they basically stopped making port calls in Israel. Fun times :)
Haifa was a good port visit,, for much of the same reasons,, I remember it being on the side of mountain? it seemed the higher you went was like stepping stones for class upgrades... Ship was obviously at the bottom,, pretty rough area,, but higher up was some good restaurants etc..

Haifa was never a good place for Marines to be. If you've been there, then you know what I mean.
It was a trip seeing all the civilians carrying automatic weapons.. someone told me that in Israel, every boy has to serve military from age 17 to 20,, and every female had to serve military from age 18 to 20... and while serving,, they were NEVER allowed to go anywhere without their weapon,, even on a date when they were off duty (if there is such a thing in Israel)..
also, while eating, on top of the mountain, some man found out we were Americans and started trying to harass us,, a lady told me he was from Finland.. it didnt end well for him.. lets just say we made it down that mountain in record time... after..

I enjoyed it both times we pulled in there. Then again, I did take advantage of the tours also (Masada, Dead Sea, Bethlehem, Jerusalem....).
I did those tours as well,, it was a trip swimming in the dead sea.. so much salt you could litterally sit in the water.. the salt multiplied the ability to float.. I get mixed up with places on the Holy Land Tour with another tour I took at the Vatican.. (Gaeta Italy stop).. weird thing.. a lot of pictures that were taken didnt develop for some reason... many others experienced the same thing..

It was a trip seeing all the civilians carrying automatic weapons.. someone told me that in Israel, every boy has to serve military from age 17 to 20,, and every female had to serve military from age 18 to 20... and while serving,, they were NEVER allowed to go anywhere without their weapon,, even on a date when they were off duty (if there is such a thing in Israel)..
also, while eating, on top of the mountain, some man found out we were Americans and started trying to harass us,, a lady told me he was from Finland.. it didnt end well for him.. lets just say we made it down that mountain in record time... after..

A kid tried to trade me his sister for a zippo in Haifa. She came along not long after he made his pitch. Turns out she was a IDF gal (hawt!!! as most of them were) and was pissed at him when his buddies ratted him out.....beat his ass all the way down the street....lmao.

Those three words still ring in my ears from pretty much all the ports over there....... You have zippo??? lol

I usually only make coffee on the weekends and I buy the beans from a local place and grind them as needed. I'm particularly fond of the Ethiopian blends, especially Yergacheffe. Its probably not strong enough for some of you guys...but, the darker the coffee, the less caffeine it has, it burns off in the roasting process.

same here, I use keurig to make our French dark roast, black with couple drops of honey. On the weekends I add a shot of Baileys or Kahlua for a morning buzz.
Baileys-Coffee.jpg
kahlua__19139.1340037895.jpg

Instead of Baileys, I get Carolans. It's a cheaper version, but with a mixer, I can't tell. Gotta use a strong black coffee though, otherwise it seems too weak.