How do you make your COFFEE

Bama Believer

18 and Counting! Roll Tide!!!
we talk about coffee a lot in the good morning thread,,, so tell me how you make it.. I dont want your once in forever gourmet recipee,, your everyday go to.. whats your rig, brand, and method..

I got a keurig a few years ago as a present,, and so began the decline of the old mr coffee type brew pots.. My local grocery has a generic brand of pods that is called a continental blend,, you get a box of 12 for 3.99... most name brands are 7 to 8 bucks for a box of 12.. I've learned to really like the cont. blend..

I drink mine black,, with nothing added.. and drink it for most of the morning,, probably about 6 cups before I'm done..

1575378185191.png

we talk about coffee a lot in the good morning thread,,, so tell me how you make it.. I dont want your once in forever gourmet recipee,, your everyday go to.. whats your rig, brand, and method..

I got a keurig a few years ago as a present,, and so began the decline of the old mr coffee type brew pots.. My local grocery has a generic brand of pods that is called a continental blend,, you get a box of 12 for 3.99... most name brands are 7 to 8 bucks for a box of 12.. I've learned to really like the cont. blend..

I drink mine black,, with nothing added.. and drink it for most of the morning,, probably about 6 cups before I'm done..

View attachment 1931
Any coffee that doesn't taste like JP5 jet fuel is good by me LOL!
To answer your question though I have multiple Keurigs. When I was in Colorado I had one upstairs and one downstairs, one in my office, and the wife had one on her desk as well.
I only have one in use here in Bama and it is what I use the most. I prefer dark roast coffee so I buy French Roast pods for it. I used to buy the Starbucks Sumatra pods, but I ran out one day and the local Walmart didn't have any in stock so I just grabbed a small box of the Great Value brand french roast. I was surprised as hell to find out it is very good! (It's my go to now) I buy it by the 96 pod box.
I also have a Bunn, but it hasn't been used in forever. The pods are just too convenient and the coffee tastes great and is always fresh.
I prefer it black with just a little sugar, but like it just plain black as well.1575379043151.png

follow this,, ex wifes, mothers boyfriend of many years, has a cabin on lake mitchell in coosa county, also inside the coosa county management area.. which makes a great place for fishing and hunting.. its my kind of place,, pretty much nasty, rustic, and perfect if you know what I mean..
we have an old peculator there that makes fantastic morning coffee for sitting on a deck in the middle of the woods looking at the water..

follow this,, ex wifes, mothers boyfriend of many years, has a cabin on lake mitchell in coosa county, also inside the coosa county management area.. which makes a great place for fishing and hunting.. its my kind of place,, pretty much nasty, rustic, and perfect if you know what I mean..
we have an old peculator there that makes fantastic morning coffee for sitting on a deck in the middle of the woods looking at the water..
My old camping pot saved my ass one day.
When we were living in Hawaii in base housing we had a scheduled power outage that was going to last all day. Background: The volcanic soil causes havoc on the power grid at times as it's conductive and the power lines would get coated with the stuff. The power company would schedule an outage, shut the grid down in sections, and use a helicopter and high pressure hose and wash down the lines.
Anyway, the morning of the outage I set up my old camping pot, fired it up on the gas grill and was enjoying a cup of coffee at my picnic table out in front of our housing unit. One of my neighbors came over to chat and sat down. After a few minutes he was like " where in the hell did you get coffee?" I laughed and showed him and poured him a cup. Next thing you know more neighbors showed up, rinse, repeat multiple times. My grill and camp pot got a workout that day LOL! Ended up being a pretty good day. Other neighbors fired up their grills and was cooking bacon and eggs, and we all gathered around and had a community breakfast. Later in the day it transitioned to burgers / dogs on the grill and cold beer on ice. Fun day!

My old camping pot saved my ass one day.
When we were living in Hawaii in base housing we had a scheduled power outage that was going to last all day. Background: The volcanic soil causes havoc on the power grid at times as it's conductive and the power lines would get coated with the stuff. The power company would schedule an outage, shut the grid down in sections, and use a helicopter and high pressure hose and wash down the lines.
Anyway, the morning of the outage I set up my old camping pot, fired it up on the gas grill and was enjoying a cup of coffee at my picnic table out in front of our housing unit. One of my neighbors came over to chat and sat down. After a few minutes he was like " where in the hell did you get coffee?" I laughed and showed him and poured him a cup. Next thing you know more neighbors showed up, rinse, repeat multiple times. My grill and camp pot got a workout that day LOL! Ended up being a pretty good day. Other neighbors fired up their grills and was cooking bacon and eggs, and we all gathered around and had a community breakfast. Later in the day it transitioned to burgers / dogs on the grill and cold beer on ice. Fun day!
That is awesome,, not to mention you were in HAWAII :)

I was stationed on Oahu for 4 years at NAS Barbers Point. (Base is closed now).
WOW, i remember that name, I was a radioman in the days before personal computers, cell phones, text msgs, and any of that.. we used to send teletype messages all over the world,, and a few to Barbers Point..
I spent boot, A school, and C school at RTC/NTC San Diego (about a year) then the rest on a ship home ported in Mayport, Fl.. I never got to go on a west pac,, I think me and the Philippines would have been friends ;)

Keurig coffee at home. Whatever pods are on sale at Costco are the coffee of the day. Coffee straight black.

If out and about coffee from a donut shop, gas station, or Starbucks or its equivalent. If not grabbing it to go at Starbucks I will sometimes order a black eye (coffee with 2 shots of espresso thrown in) or a red eye (1 shot).

View attachment 1931
same -
got a Keurig machine also -
usually just one cup
(i'm a bit high-strung already)
and like @RTR...USN (ret),
i usually just get the great value brand -
and, of course,
strait up black -

cheers!

It is simple for me … Folgers dark roast, black and in a seasoned mug.

My Grandpa and his brothers drank chicory coffee from a percolator and added one heaping tablespoon of Sanka to the cup before pouring. They would dump the coffee onto a saucer and sop it up with a biscuit.
two things about this post I love,, the seasoned mug and the chicory sop.. lol