How is portal season going for you so far?

Irishblooded

ND lost a couple key pieces.

WR Chris Tyree former RB. That actually leads the team in receiving yards this year. Will grad transfer for next year.

Center Zeke Corral starting center. Was injured earlier this season and didn't get to play the last 2 games. And it was easy to see the guy behind him was going to replace him next year. Will grad transfer

And then 2 guys on depth on the D line. Both good plays. Not starting caliber. But those depth guys you need for the 4th quarter. Both will grad transfer.

I expect to see more. Because right now there way too many players for the 85 man limit in the fall.

Oh. And finally got the WR coach fired that I wanted fired last year.

4-star EDGE Darris Smith 6'5" 245. He's a State champion track star. Already headed to the portal as a sophomore. I honestly think he's looking at a big void left by Jared Verse's departure from FSU. His brother is already a Seminole.

ND just lost their only other non notable Non freshman WR. Tobias Merryweather. His dad was a dick all season about his son. Just too many bridges burned this year inside the program with him. Hopefully he is the last one. There is 1 or 2 others that might go also

I'm just saying. If the rumors turn out to be true. ND will ne running the triple option in the bowl. About 85% of their receiving yards or leaving / transferring before the bowl

ND just lost their only other non notable Non freshman WR. Tobias Merryweather. His dad was a dick all season about his son. Just too many bridges burned this year inside the program with him. Hopefully he is the last one. There is 1 or 2 others that might go also
IIRC, UGA lost 23 players to the portal in the last 2 years.....along with 25 that went to the NFL. Expecting over 10 to the portal this year with 24 players that are Draft eligible. This is why UGA's recruiting class is at 30 now and still looking for more.

ND needed to lose some players. Like Georgia last year. They are WAY over for where they need to get to for fall camp next fall right now. It is at about 94 players. Unfortunately. It is the entire WR room that seems to be defecting. It is pretty insane. I honestly don't think I have ever seen something like this.

So far they are down:
WR Chris Tyree
WR Tobias Merriweather
WR Rico Flores Jr
WR Braylon James

I'm not being dramatic when I say those first 3 names are about 85% of all the receiving yards by WR for the team this season. ND was already kind of thin at WR. And the last 2 names are true freshman. That is literally about 50% of the scholarship WR on the roster as of today.

ND might be running the Deleware Wing offense for the bowl at this rate. Because there is still 1 more WR rumored to be leaving and one of the primary receiving TE.

I get this is a new age of college football and the portal is transforming the game in a different way every year. But man. For a school like ND that already has draconian transfer rules for incoming players. Losing starters is a huge deal

IIRC, UGA lost 23 players to the portal in the last 2 years.....along with 25 that went to the NFL. Expecting over 10 to the portal this year with 24 players that are Draft eligible. This is why UGA's recruiting class is at 30 now and still looking for more.
Well there you go! Proof that the Dawgs cheat! Lose half the team and still ranked #1 at end of the season. The barners have been out-classed at cheating.😉

Just following all the movements.

I think I am way too old fashioned for today's game. It is insane how many players are in the portal after just 1 year.

There is going to have to be some wholesale regulatory overhaul in the coming years on this.

It be crazy.

Just following all the movements.

I think I am way too old fashioned for today's game. It is insane how many players are in the portal after just 1 year.

There is going to have to be some wholesale regulatory overhaul in the coming years on this.

It be crazy.
I hate it. Hard to mold young men if they leave on a whim.

someone told me today,
that there are over 1000 in the portal already -
yall know if this is right?
Yes, it was noted on our board.

Hearing A&M is getting gutted, losing 5* players left and right.

We've had a few surprises, as well. Not surprised by the bench warmers leaving, but some are starters and shouldn't feel particularly threatened next year. However, we do have some significant freshmen coming in.

I'm about finished with this semi-pro football, and may not renew my season tickets next year (after about 38 or 39 years).

It will be interesting to see where the QB dominoes fall.

It sounds like Leonard to ND is happening. Gabriel to Oregon is expected. Cam Ward is the first big domino. A lot of people are going to take a swing for him and then settle if they miss.

Ward is expected to visit USC, Washington, Miami, Nebraska and Florida State. I think UW has Rogers lined up as a backup option if they miss on Ward. USC has Howard lined up if they miss on Ward.

Dante Moore is an interesting name. I think he ends up at Michigan or Oregon if he's willing to sit next year and compete for a starting job in 2025.

DJU is looking at Florida State and Mississippi State.

Nebraska really needs to find their next QB in the portal. They may make a run at McCord if they miss out on Ward.

Yes, it was noted on our board.

Hearing A&M is getting gutted, losing 5* players left and right.

We've had a few surprises, as well. Not surprised by the bench warmers leaving, but some are starters and shouldn't feel particularly threatened next year. However, we do have some significant freshmen coming in.

I'm about finished with this semi-pro football, and may not renew my season tickets next year (after about 38 or 39 years).
dang -
i'll still pull for my school,
and go to games when i can,
(i'm 450mi from Tech) -
of course, we've been left at the kiddie table,
so we won't be a semi-pro team,
but we've lost several starters,
mostly older guys -