I love hearing from people who...

I grew up on a parcel that was probably almost 1/10 of an acre. My brother and I were responsible for mowing the lawn. Most summers would provide enough rain so that it needed to be cut every week, but if not, my Dad had those underground sprinklers ready to go. FML.

That's not all. It was a corner lot, which means more trimming and edging. And if you think it was OK to leave grass clippings on the sidewalk, well I guess you never saw me firing up the blower. Sometimes my brother would leave the gas tank empty...keep in mind, this is a 2 stroke engine, so I'd then have to spend another minute mixing the gas and oil. Even then, it didnt always start on the first pull. Yep, more work for me.

Depending on weather, sometimes I would break a sweat. Other times it would rain. I dont know if you've ever had a soaking wet shirt clinging to you as you walk behind a self-propelled Toro, but its really uncomfortable. The only relief comes from changing your shirt when the work is done. That's 1 more shirt for my Mom to wash before she makes dinner for me.

I'd tell you guys about what's involved in clearing snow in the winter but I'm not sure you can handle it.
Oh the humanity 😂

I get a kick out of people who have never been around a farm or the country for that matter and buy ground, put a house up and then want to rent the other 5 acres to you for big money because "im doing you a favor" When in actuality the ground that they bought is a clay side hill with rocks in it that's surrounded by trees that dosen't hardly grow weeds. Sorry I'm not driving machinery 3 miles out of the way for 5 acres, it's not worth my time, call me back when you buy a hundred, then we will talk.

I also get a kick out of the people that move out to the country and bitch about the gravel roads and want you to sign a petition to have the county pave it. Sorry not happening, it was gravel when you moved there, if you don't like it too bad, you should have stayed in town. And yes the livestock smells some too at times, welcome to the country.

I also get a kick out of the people that move out to the country and bitch about the gravel roads and want you to sign a petition to have the county pave it. Sorry not happening, it was gravel when you moved there, if you don't like it too bad, you should have stayed in town. And yes the livestock smells some too at times, welcome to the country.
We had horses and cows when I was a kid. It might sound weird, but their smell really doesn't bother me. Hogs, on the other hand...

That's pretty cool I was talking to a guy last night at my kid's school play that works at a power plant and is basically their head mechanic and is rebuilding a 4000 horse electric motor. He said a big sprocket that is on a worm gear that was not shimmed right from the manufacturer ground itself down sending fines all through the motor and bearings. He said he doubts it will ever run again because they will never get all the shavings out.
I know as much about operational "electricity" as turning on a flashlight or jumping a battery, but I know when some first-responders reply to an electric powered vehicle accident such as a Tesla, they have second thoughts about be electrified instead of diving right in. Scary sht.

I know as much about operational "electricity" as turning on a flashlight or jumping a battery, but I know when some first-responders reply to an electric powered vehicle accident such as a Tesla, they have second thoughts about be electrified instead of diving right in. Scary sht.
Yeah electricity and me aren't good friends either. I like it but I don't work on it

We had horses and cows when I was a kid. It might sound weird, but their smell really doesn't bother me. Hogs, on the other hand...
I'm pretty immune to the hog smells now. Unless I'm gone for a week or so to get desensitized to it.
my uncle darrell had a hog farm
east of kalispell
out columbia falls stage road,
if you know where that is, nod -

overlooked the beautimous
mcwenneger slough -

uncle darrell would say,
smell that?
thats the smell of money -

Never lived, worked, spent time on a farm and have never had a desire to. But I certainly wouldn't pull a Hawkitt and try to tell legitimate farmers their business.

Though, I do appreciate the irony of this thread when every single one of us spent most of our Saturday and Sunday questioning the coaching decisions of men who've been doing it all their lives.

Never lived, worked, spent time on a farm and have never had a desire to. But I certainly wouldn't pull a Hawkitt and try to tell legitimate farmers their business.

Though, I do appreciate the irony of this thread when every single one of us spent most of our Saturday and Sunday questioning the coaching decisions of men who've been doing it all their lives.
That's cause we are all experts. LOL

I never questioned Don Nehlen. 🤠

Not to mention the noise when cows are separated from their calfs. Or the shooting from hunting.

In high school, I rode the bus my freshman year. On the way to school there was a hog farm ( This is how you know, you live in the sticks is if you live near a hog farm ), and on hot days we would open the windows on the bus. Once we would get within a mile of that farm everybody would scramble to shut the windows and cover their faces with their tshirt or whatever you had. That smell was horrendous, and something I will never forget.

Luckily they do not have smell in Farming simulator 19!