is orange ugly?

is orange ugly?

• Total voters
Wisdom comes from good and bad decisions. Never forget that if you aren't making mistakes, it means you're not trying. If the valedictorian was wrong 5% of the time, where does that leave the rest of us?
He said that he knew he was wrong as soon as he said something but she was so pissed that he was afraid to try to back down. So he panicked and doubled down. He then tried to use his dad's sense of humor to diffuse the situation and doubled down again by accident. His last words to me about it was "Dad, I am sure my problem would correct itself I can just shut up for 15 minutes. We both know I ain't capable".

Here is my outlook on life in a nutshell: Today I gave my son the best marital advice I knew at the time. I told him to stop at the store and buy a family pack of pork chops and get $200 out of the ATM. Hand one or the other to his wife.

My advise on a wife to my son is to try and understand women's logic. As they will tell you that they saved us money, but they had to spend money to save it. Not really much saving there.

My advise on a wife to my son is to try and understand women's logic. As they will tell you that they saved us money, but they had to spend money to save it. Not really much saving there.
I refuse to try to understand women. Women understand women and they can't get along. My son was a jackass. He knows and admits it. He also admits the my dominant jackass gene is going to goad him into playing it out until the bitter end. If I ever wordered if I was his biological father, shit like this removes all doubt.

I refuse to try to understand women. Women understand women and they can't get along. My son was a jackass. He knows and admits it. He also admits the my dominant jackass gene is going to goad him into playing it out until the bitter end. If I ever wordered if I was his biological father, shit like this removes all doubt.
Jordan Peterson said it best; “Men test ideas, women test men.” They evolved to essentially constantly test boundaries of every relationship and social aspect. That was how they climbed the hierarchy or gained power/influence. It’s hard wired into them. They cannot fight their nature.

Jordan Peterson said it best; “Men test ideas, women test men.” They evolved to essentially constantly test boundaries of every relationship and social aspect. That was how they climbed the hierarchy or gained power/influence. It’s hard wired into them. They cannot fight their nature.
There is nothing better than a good marriage where both are faithful to the other, and I am blessed to be in one. It's what has probably kept me from being a Darwin awardee. IMHO the secret is that improving communications is fine but trying to force behavior modifications causes a marriage to sour quickly. Basically, we know we are assholes, we know where the lines are to keep something minor just that, and we trust each other enough that we don't have to worry about financial/sexual infidelity. I still don't understand someone having the kind of restraint it takes to not smother me in my sleep after 25+ years of living with me.