Saban, Retire

I also hate to admit but, Saban has lost his fire. He may still outwork most, but he’s not what he was even 5 years ago. Even 3. Our team was undisciplined and unprepared and were straight schooled. This wasn’t a heart breaking loss, or a fluke, or just losing against equal competition. This was being outschemed/coached and outplayed from whistle to whistle. I’ve never seen that with Saban, before last night.
IMHO the lack of discipline and preparedness level are symptoms of something other than Saban's fire. It is not a new issue for Bama either. Take last year for example with the penalties and WTF moments. Winning is a great deodorant that covers flaws. So is QB talent. Saban can and has taken QBs with much less talent than Bryce and won natties with them. Serious but rhetorical question is what are the differences between Bryce Young and AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy, and/or Coker? Bryce was the most talented by far but was lacking because he walked in the door as a starter. Leadership, true leadership, is a series of actions not positions. Bryce did not have the leadership abilities developed at Alabama and therefore was more of a boss in title than a leader. Now you have first year transfers starting all over the field where leaders are needed. And this is not a shot at Bryce. I am just saying that it used to be that when someone entered a game under Saban, even second team rotations, all they knew was Saban's way, discipline, and ability to follow. In short, they knew how to lead.

I also hate to admit but, Saban has lost his fire. He may still outwork most, but he’s not what he was even 5 years ago. Even 3. Our team was undisciplined and unprepared and were straight schooled. This wasn’t a heart breaking loss, or a fluke, or just losing against equal competition. This was being outschemed/coached and outplayed from whistle to whistle. I’ve never seen that with Saban, before last night.
More 3 stars & less 5 stars. He'll be back in no time.

IMHO the lack of discipline and preparedness level are symptoms of something other than Saban's fire. It is not a new issue for Bama either. Take last year for example with the penalties and WTF moments. Winning is a great deodorant that covers flaws. So is QB talent. Saban can and has taken QBs with much less talent than Bryce and won natties with them. Serious but rhetorical question is what are the differences between Bryce Young and AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy, and/or Coker? Bryce was the most talented by far but was lacking because he walked in the door as a starter. Leadership, true leadership, is a series of actions not positions. Bryce did not have the leadership abilities developed at Alabama and therefore was more of a boss in title than a leader. Now you have first year transfers starting all over the field where leaders are needed. And this is not a shot at Bryce. I am just saying that it used to be that when someone entered a game under Saban, even second team rotations, all they knew was Saban's way, discipline, and ability to follow. In short, they knew how to lead.
I won’t argue that. I don’t like the direction the game is going.

bamasanders.jpg

I was about to say I'd hate to be USF next week, but then I saw that it is a road game. Wait, WHHAAAAA????? Bama is going on the road to Tampa? Something the Swamp Lizards would NEVER do? How tha fuck did that happen?

But I digress. I'd hate to be USF next week.
For those that may not remember.
When the mickey mouse community college had their undefeated season and the ncaa gave them a binky to shut them up it was after that the gators offered them a three fer. And what happened? Excuses whining and back pedaling. Heck the swamp and whorelando is just a bus ride on the interstate.

Well, usf then scheduled a home and home with BAMA really as a nose thumb to the mickey mouse community college.