So I am going to buy a portable table saw

batchaps4me

2022 Poster of The Year!
I have a couple of DIY projects that me and my brother are going to undertake and having a table saw would be nice. My brother is a journeyman carpenter and is taking the lead. I am planning on giving him the saw as a thank you (he doesn't know this) and he suggested a Dewalt. That's a solid choice but I stumbled across a Rigid 10" Pro Series with a lifetime warranty. I have used a lot of Rigid tools over the years but never their table saws. Can anyone tell me if the extra $50 is worth it or should I stick with a Dewalt?

The thing that concerns me is that my brother doesn't know I am giving him the saw and to him it is just about doing the DIY on the cheap. I have no idea if the Dewalt saw is really the one he would choose for his professional work especially if cost was not a factor. He has said on many occasions that having a table saw would be great but he can rip boards with a circular saw for any occasion.

The thing that concerns me is that my brother doesn't know I am giving him the saw and to him it is just about doing the DIY on the cheap. I have no idea if the Dewalt saw is really the one he would choose for his professional work especially if cost was not a factor. He has said on many occasions that having a table saw would be great but he can rip boards with a circular saw for any occasion.
Link below to independent review.

https://www.thetoolsquare.com/best-table-saw/

MILWAUKEE !!!!!

milwaukee-portable-table-saws-2736-20-48-08-0561-64_600.jpg

I thought about that angle after I posted.....that he's recommending something decent to you that goes for a decent price. I'd recommend just asking him if he was gonna buy something for the long term (cause "I plan on keeping this thing for a long time") what would he buy.....or something like that.

I thought about that angle after I posted.....that he's recommending something decent to you that goes for a decent price. I'd recommend just asking him if he was gonna buy something for the long term (cause "I plan on keeping this thing for a long time") what would he buy.....or something like that.
I have had that discussion with him and basically he is of the opinion that it is a luxury item because of intermittent use. When he needs one, he really needs one but he doesn't want to spend money for a good one that he only uses occasionally. I think I am going to end up taking him to Lowes/Home Depot, telling him what I am going to do and just getting the higher end saw with the Brand he chooses.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that a no name cheap one will outlast both of y'all.😁

My grandpa had one that he built himself, but that joker was NOT portable I'll tell ya that because I inherited it and it about took me out for the long haul trying to move it. Then the power cord?? Hell, I'm lucky to still be around......

I have a couple of DIY projects that me and my brother are going to undertake and having a table saw would be nice. My brother is a journeyman carpenter and is taking the lead. I am planning on giving him the saw as a thank you (he doesn't know this) and he suggested a Dewalt. That's a solid choice but I stumbled across a Rigid 10" Pro Series with a lifetime warranty. I have used a lot of Rigid tools over the years but never their table saws. Can anyone tell me if the extra $50 is worth it or should I stick with a Dewalt?
Rigid is known for their quality pipe tools such as their pipe threading machines ... no idea if they manufacture that saw or someone else. Might be worth looking up though.

I used to buy only craftsman (when they were good) or snap on.. until I needed my belt sander and opened the box and it was rotted and wouldn't work anymore,, and I realized that It had sat unused for 10 years.. now I buy Harbor Freight and if I get one use, (what it was bought for), I'm happy...

I have damn near every DeWalt cordless tool they make. When I get too old to work, they'll all be useless. I might as well work until I die.