The new and improved Good Morning thread!

@RTR...USN (ret) and @batchaps4me did you ever have your knee lock up after surgery? I was sitting in the chair went to get up and couldn't straighten it. Feels like something is caught on the back side. I've been working on it all afternoon but it won't unlock. Can't put weight on it. Rather painful
No, never had that issue. I would suggest you call your orthopedic surgeon, doesn’t sound normal at all.

I was hoping that that would not be your answer.
Definitely call the surgeon but don't be too alarmed. My right knee replacement had a torniquet applied too tight and actually left a yellow-green bruise entirely around my thigh and hurt like hell for a week. Hopefully yours is similarly a soft tissue issue and it sounds like it may be but always have the doctor check it out. Mine didn't lock on me but I did lose most of the mobility. It set me back a week on therapy but I was able to catch back up to schedule.

Definitely call the surgeon but don't be too alarmed. My right knee replacement had a torniquet applied too tight and actually left a yellow-green bruise entirely around my thigh and hurt like hell for a week. Hopefully yours is similarly a soft tissue issue and it sounds like it may be but always have the doctor check it out. Mine didn't lock on me but I did lose most of the mobility. It set me back a week on therapy but I was able to catch back up to schedule.
I have the same soreness from the tourniquet still, but this is different. I could straighten it and then it locked all of a sudden. I'm holding out hope it's just swelling in there causing something to act up but It sure dosen't feel like it.

I have the same soreness from the tourniquet still, but this is different. I could straighten it and then it locked all of a sudden. I'm holding out hope it's just swelling in there causing something to act up but It sure dosen't feel like it.
I had a few things that seemed to go sideways but they always seemed a lot worse than they were. A lot of times something like that is from scar tissue or debris getting between the kneecap button and joint. It is most likely not a defect in the hardware or its installation. The doc will want to know about this ASAP but chances are that it is not a major deal.