The new and improved Good Morning thread!

Morning all. @batchaps4me asking that question is a faux pas. It's like me asking someone how much they make in a year. No offense taken here, just food for thought.
My apologies, I did not think of it like that, and I should have. My intention was just to convert acres to moonshine production to make a joke about my family. Thanks a lot for being up front about my faux pas and know that I have learned from it and will not repeat that mistake. I really am sorry about that and appreciate you and your chosen lifestyle.

My apologies, I did not think of it like that, and I should have. My intention was just to convert acres to moonshine production to make a joke about my family. Thanks a lot for being up front about my faux pas and know that I have learned from it and will not repeat that mistake. I really am sorry about that and appreciate you and your chosen lifestyle.
No worries here man. I get asked that more than you would think. It's usually the first question out of people's mouth after they find out I farm. Or it's "how many cows do you have". Anymore it dosen't phase me. I just tell them what I told you and go on. I will say this though, If all of my corn went to making moonshine I could get everyone in the entire state of Iowa legally drunk. And I'm not a big farmer.

No worries here man. I get asked that more than you would think. It's usually the first question out of people's mouth after they find out I farm. Or it's "how many cows do you have". Anymore it dosen't phase me. I just tell them what I told you and go on. I will say this though, If all of my corn went to making moonshine I could get everyone in the entire state of Iowa legally drunk. And I'm not a big farmer.
A navy bootcamp buddy was from a farming family in Lost Nation, IA and I got to visit his family and farm. It was amazing. Tony's parents pretty much forced him out of Iowa temporarily. They wanted him to go to college and have options before deciding to take over the farm. Not that they were discouraging him from farming, they wanted him to know it was not the only way in life. Tony spent 6 years active duty in the navy, became a Reactor Operator First Class and spent a couple of years in IL at a nuke plant to finish his reserves time and then took over his family's farm. He is without a doubt the most capable and self-motivated man that I have ever known. Your chosen lifestyle just fascinates me.

BTW, the way I got on the moonshine kick was I watched a History Channel show last week that was on the Whiskey Rebellion. It turns out that there was so much whiskey made simply because transporting acres of corn by horse and wagon was daunting whereas putting it in bottles made it much easier and quicker to get to market.

A navy bootcamp buddy was from a farming family in Lost Nation, IA and I got to visit his family and farm. It was amazing. Tony's parents pretty much forced him out of Iowa temporarily. They wanted him to go to college and have options before deciding to take over the farm. Not that they were discouraging him from farming, they wanted him to know it was not the only way in life. Tony spent 6 years active duty in the navy, became a Reactor Operator First Class and spent a couple of years in IL at a nuke plant to finish his reserves time and then took over his family's farm. He is without a doubt the most capable and self-motivated man that I have ever known. Your chosen lifestyle just fascinates me.

BTW, the way I got on the moonshine kick was I watched a History Channel show last week that was on the Whiskey Rebellion. It turns out that there was so much whiskey made simply because transporting acres of corn by horse and wagon was daunting whereas putting it in bottles made it much easier and quicker to get to market.
Lost nation is somewhere around one in a half to 2 hours north of me give or take. I've never been there. I had heard of it but didn't know where it was. I had to look it up.

Lost nation is somewhere around one in a half to 2 hours north of me give or take. I've never been there. I had heard of it but didn't know where it was. I had to look it up.
When I got out of A-School, I took a week's leave and stayed in a motel nearest there to be in Tony's wedding. No car, no cable or internet(it was during the BBS days) and some damned good people checking up on me ... I was sitting outside my room sipping on a beer without a worry in the world. It was the most peaceful week of my life.