The OFFICIAL Florida News thread

I had a native Floridian blame the Florida Man phenomenon on outsiders. He specifically noted people from Ohio as culprits.

That seems like a convenient excuse, but maybe the heat makes the transplants crazy.
The population explosion in the last 40 years in Florida did not come from Florida families having 20 kids. Florida has become an undesirable destination because of how bad the "transplants" have changed the state.

The population explosion in the last 40 years in Florida did not come from Florida families having 20 kids. Florida has become an undesirable destination because of how bad the "transplants" have changed the state.

I give the state of Georgia credit for recognizing not only the demographics of people migrating, visiting Florida but setting up the worlds largest speed trap once you get down to around Valdosta. My last time thru there I got pulled over for doing 96 in a 65 mph zone but got the ticket for the window tinting on my truck windows which cost me $210. He told me that he would rather fine me for the window tinting than see me get a speeding ticket that would affect my insurance... that's a business move there.

As far as the speeding, he literally didn't seem to care lol.