Whats for dinner?

I dropped $125 for 3 of us at just the outback two weeks ago, daughter's Birthday choice though so all good.

Congrats to you two! :) I just hope like hell they didn't serve her farmed Atlantic Salmon for that kind of dough.
Yeah, nothing beats wild alaskan salmon. I used to have 2 brother in laws that lived there. 1 in Soldotna, the other in homer, and then later on in fairbanks. They would do the whole salmon run thing and when they would visit bring a cooler of salmon and halibut back. Good stuff.

Yeah, nothing beats wild alaskan salmon. I used to have 2 brother in laws that lived there. 1 in Soldotna, the other in homer, and then later on in fairbanks. They would do the whole salmon run thing and when they would visit bring a cooler of salmon and halibut back. Good stuff.
I'm probably in the minority here but I don't like salmon, the taste is too strong, I do love a white flaky fish and halibut fits that nicely :)

Neighbor went up to Lake Erie, with a small group on a charter. Caught a shit ton of Walleye, gave me a few lbs of filets. That and Jasmine Rice (which I've never had) is what's for dinner...

Sounds good. I cook Jasmine rice all the time and it's good if you ask me. It's not a very clumpy rice and has a flavor different from long grain, or normal, plain white rice, but I think it'll be good with fish. Maybe throw some butter and salt and pepper on it......

Grilling chicken halves with yellow rice, broccoli casserole as sides. Extras include brats with onions and mushrooms. Working tomorrow so I'm doing my "Memorial Day" cooking today. Don't forget to pour one out for my homies that never got the chance to take off their uniform.

veterans-commemorate-pearl-harbor-anniversary-in-new-york-56368863-5753aa485f9b5892e80ff128.jpg

Burgers. Grilled rare, vine fresh sliced thin tomato, red onion, lettuce, filled pickles, grilled diced white onion, melted cheddar, ketchup, and mustard to top, no damned seeds on the buns, served up with syrup stirred bacon baked beans and an amber lager to wash it all down.
not sure if white claw
qualifies as an amber lager,
but who am i to split hairs -
cheers!
beer_chug_girl.gif