Who's bored?

Nod4Eight

The Nodfather
I see all these messages in different places talking about how bored people are. No sports to watch, already binge watched tv shows, can't go to bars, movies, restaurants etc...

Maybe this is a lesson that people need more varied hobbies. Ones that don't rely on others as much to entertain us. I'll be finally getting that tractor moving today (yes, its still in the same spot as it was for the wedding, just got the new starter installed and started, now need to get the hydraulics working again to get the bucket off the ground so I can move it). Will probably work a few horses then work on organizing the shop. Got a few new work benches and need to do some electrical and the insulation. I want to start the forge up. And need to do some more fencing.

I'm lucky in that I have a lot of space to quarantine in, and have more projects than I can handle at the moment. But there are plenty of other things I'd like to do like tie some flies, reload some ammo, work on a few solar experiments etc.

So, let's come up with some ideas of things that everyone, or at least most of us, could do during this time to keep ourselves occupied.

I've tossed out a bunch of my ideas so far, your turn.....

I see all these messages in different places talking about how bored people are. No sports to watch, already binge watched tv shows, can't go to bars, movies, restaurants etc...

Maybe this is a lesson that people need more varied hobbies. Ones that don't rely on others as much to entertain us. I'll be finally getting that tractor moving today (yes, its still in the same spot as it was for the wedding, just got the new starter installed and started, now need to get the hydraulics working again to get the bucket off the ground so I can move it). Will probably work a few horses then work on organizing the shop. Got a few new work benches and need to do some electrical and the insulation. I want to start the forge up. And need to do some more fencing.

I'm lucky in that I have a lot of space to quarantine in, and have more projects than I can handle at the moment. But there are plenty of other things I'd like to do like tie some flies, reload some ammo, work on a few solar experiments etc.

So, let's come up with some ideas of things that everyone, or at least most of us, could do during this time to keep ourselves occupied.

I've tossed out a bunch of my ideas so far, your turn.....
I'm killing shit on the xbox....

I'm just starting to have calves, have another pasture fence to get built(but that's not any fun in the mud) I want to build another lot, I have a planter that I need to check over and get ready, should do some shooting and am way behind on reloading, really would like it to warm up and take the boat for a spin on the river, which reminds me the carburetor on the motor needs a tune up. I've got alot of manure to get spread, and need to get 2 new hay fields seeded, and I have alot of manure to spread when it dries up.

Good during the week still going in two days a week and am also working at home. Getting lots of calls from people wanting to buy stock. Also the muni market is full of nervous Nellies and they are bailing out ASAP like in 2010 which is creating a liquidity crunch so I am very busy buying for the bank portfolio. Getting yields that have not seen in 5 years.

I think I need to spearhead a needed relief mission. Can't let the single Moms down.

See the source image

We have a river in Idaho called tye Secesh River because many southerners settled there post war. We also have a river call Yankee Fork for similar reasons.
I live in the heart of where Secession from the Union was first discussed before the civil war. Lots of history here.

Most nights prior to all this, I go from opening the fridge, to the pantry, back to the fridge and the pantry once more before declaring that I have nothing to eat and call for a pizza or go to the sonic down the road..
I just reorganized my pantry and canned goods and it's amazing the amount of food I really have,,
I am sooooo fucking spoiled :(

Most nights prior to all this, I go from opening the fridge, to the pantry, back to the fridge and the pantry once more before declaring that I have nothing to eat and call for a pizza or go to the sonic down the road..
I just reorganized my pantry and canned goods and it's amazing the amount of food I really have,,
I am sooooo fucking spoiled :(

I'm sure most of us are in the same boat. We don't know what we got till it's gone. First world problems, amirite?

while there is plenty to do outside like cleaning up my shed, cutting grass, weedeating, trimming the trees, fixing a couple of spots on the fence.. washing the siding, recaulking doors and windows, splitting some of the split wood into kindling size splits,, etc..
there is also lots to do inside,, closets need cleaned and organized,, old clothes need pulled out, put in garbage bags and hauled to the charity boxes, walls and baseboards need a good scrubbing, dripping faucets only need a new o ring,, windows need cleaning.. Fridge and freezer need to sorted cleaned and wiped out..

but,

there is weed to be smoked and Bourbon to be drank,, shit aint gonna consume itself :)