Who's bored?

No boredom here.

Hung plastic on the walls, spead out the twister mat, grabbed the olive oil and Nutella, and popped a blue pill.

source.gif

So ... @ThereIsNoPlace is over for the night I presume...

I've been outside w/ the kids, teaching them to garden, and pick weeds.
We have a lot of weeds, and I can't smoke that kind!! The kids are also
learning the phone is boring and outside is where the fun is, FINALLY!!!!

How are the shooting lessons going? Remind them that a target is easier to kill than a fellow human, but if you have to, you have to. Armageddon and all. Teach them to be rude when they have to.

How are the shooting lessons going? Remind them that a target is easier to kill than a fellow human, but if you have to, you have to. Armageddon and all. Teach them to be rude when they have to.
My daughter can shoot your eye out at 75 with her little .22.
The boys are about to shoot the .223 in a day or so, but they
like the 22 LRs too. It's the West By God in me... they all know
how and are not afraid to shoot... anything. Safety is big with
them too. 5 acres... targets galore, haha!!

Last edited:
while there is plenty to do outside like cleaning up my shed, cutting grass, weedeating, trimming the trees, fixing a couple of spots on the fence.. washing the siding, recaulking doors and windows, splitting some of the split wood into kindling size splits,, etc..
there is also lots to do inside,, closets need cleaned and organized,, old clothes need pulled out, put in garbage bags and hauled to the charity boxes, walls and baseboards need a good scrubbing, dripping faucets only need a new o ring,, windows need cleaning.. Fridge and freezer need to sorted cleaned and wiped out..

but,

there is weed to be smoked and Bourbon to be drank,, shit aint gonna consume itself :)
Throw in swapping a fuel filter on my mom's truck, replacing belts on the mower, popping a hog, and this is exactly my list.

Not doing outside unless its called scooping snow........ what is gardening in March?
Depends on your location. Here on the border of the Rockies and Great Basin we still have freezing temps at night, highs are in the low 60s during the day. Perfect time for leafy greens and cold weather crops... Beets, peas, collard greens, swiss chard, spinach etc. Our average last frost date is in early May. Inside starts are growing fast too. Peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, etc. Cukes and squash and beans will go in the ground next month. Got the garden area cleaned out, burnt off and disced over.

Lots of gardening to do this time of year.

Depends on your location. Here on the border of the Rockies and Great Basin we still have freezing temps at night, highs are in the low 60s during the day. Perfect time for leafy greens and cold weather crops... Beets, peas, collard greens, swiss chard, spinach etc. Our average last frost date is in early May. Inside starts are growing fast too. Peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, etc. Cukes and squash and beans will go in the ground next month. Got the garden area cleaned out, burnt off and disced over.

Lots of gardening to do this time of year.
around here in NE Bama, we pretty much plant on Good Friday, (April 10 this year), now is the time to start getting your ground ready,, I usually like to go to the co-op and get some triple 13 fertilizer and some lime to till in..

I usually just do a small garden, about 8 tomato plants, 2 squash, and 4 jalapenos. I try to allow about 4 feet in between plants,, thats a lot, but everybody is a good gardener until june and july, those are the months that separate the hoe'ers from the fuck it, let the grass and weeds have it crowd.. a 4 foot spread allows you to push mow in between.

Since my garden is loaded with worm castings and tea, I won't plow until probably next weekend. I'll plant then newspaper and mulch around the plants and all I'll have to use is an organic bloom booster at the end of May.

around here in NE Bama, we pretty much plant on Good Friday, (April 10 this year), now is the time to start getting your ground ready,, I usually like to go to the co-op and get some triple 13 fertilizer and some lime to till in..

I usually just do a small garden, about 8 tomato plants, 2 squash, and 4 jalapenos. I try to allow about 4 feet in between plants,, thats a lot, but everybody is a good gardener until june and july, those are the months that separate the hoe'ers from the fuck it, let the grass and weeds have it crowd.. a 4 foot spread allows you to push mow in between.
I can feed myself from the garden. But Mrs Nod has the green thumb in the family. She enjoys weeding, me not so much. A "weed patch" can still produce a lot of veggies. Ever see an organic vegetable field? Covered in weeds.

Do any of you do soil samples?

Years back the state agricultural bunch started offering the bags and testing for free to get your ph levels right.

It made a good bit of difference for some food plots in the lease.