Willie Taggart fired effective immediately!

LZSKKZ4O3RARDGJ2JZYU2RSE4U.jpg

I don’t like this. I can’t argue with the funds put up and if you think the guy isn’t getting it done. But I just can’t see how this program moving forward is gonna recover quickly enough for the next guy. FSU has just set a 1 and half season max. I also don’t necessarily trust the people in charge making the call.
Time will tell. But it’s gonna be a rough couple of seasons.

I don’t like this. I can’t argue with the funds put up and if you think the guy isn’t getting it done. But I just can’t see how this program moving forward is gonna recover quickly enough for the next guy. FSU has just set a 1 and half season max. I also don’t necessarily trust the people in charge making the call.
Time will tell. But it’s gonna be a rough couple of seasons.
I'm not so sure. Taggart brought in some talent, but he didn't maintain control. Lack of discipline, etc led to his demise. With the right hire, and the right support staff in place you might be surprised. Look how quickly Saban turned Bama around. As fans, we also have no idea what the story is behind the closed doors of the administration and what led to the decision. I doubt it was just the win/loss record.

I'm not so sure. Taggart brought in some talent, but he didn't maintain control. Lack of discipline, etc led to his demise. With the right hire, and the right support staff in place you might be surprised. Look how quickly Saban turned Bama around. As fans, we also have no idea what the story is behind the closed doors of the administration and what led to the decision. I doubt it was just the win/loss record.

It's unfair for that to be the standard, though. Saban is arguably the greatest in CFB history. I'd say the standard should be on the level of Dabo's progressive success at Clemson.

It's unfair for that to be the standard, though. Saban is arguably the greatest in CFB history. I'd say the standard should be on the level of Dabo's progressive success at Clemson.
I can't disagree with you ODD. I'm not saying they can go from a laughing stock to champs in two years but they CAN make a dramatic improvement with the right hire. If you're showing improvement, eliminating the stupid shit, and just playing sound ball the wins will come. Taggart didn't do any of those things.