Willie Taggart fired effective immediately!

I can't disagree with you ODD. I'm not saying they can go from a laughing stock to champs in two years but they CAN make a dramatic improvement with the right hire. If you're showing improvement, eliminating the stupid shit, and just playing sound ball the wins will come. Taggart didn't do any of those things.

Dramatic improvement doesn't always show on the field. It depends on what work is needed to improve the situation.

I had a conversation with an FSU fan earlier this year down at Amelia Island. I told them that I didn't think Taggart was the answer to get FSU back to the elite, but he needed 4 years to get them back on track. Jimbo left a mess. I said I thought FSU would be a 7-8 win team this year at best, but that he had a lot of work to do to change the feel of the locker room. "Be patient." Apparently, being patient was something that FSU couldn't do. It really does suck for them. I see this as a setback. Now they have to rely on another hire to repair what Jimbo damaged. Just my opinion.

Hope they don't see Stoops as a viable option! We need the consistency for atleast 5 to 10 more years

He's going to get a look. FSU showed they will spend money to fix a mistake but also that they don't have much patience. Unless they make an insane offer with guaranteed money for someone at UM's level then I can't see how they don't punch down to a guy like Stoops.

I'm not so sure. Taggart brought in some talent, but he didn't maintain control. Lack of discipline, etc led to his demise. With the right hire, and the right support staff in place you might be surprised. Look how quickly Saban turned Bama around. As fans, we also have no idea what the story is behind the closed doors of the administration and what led to the decision. I doubt it was just the win/loss record.

Saban recruited crazy High (and hasn’t stopped) including getting legit offensive lineman his first couple of years.

We’re also in the era of Early Signing Period and we’re gonna now have 2 weak classes in 3 years, figure a few de-commits, player transfers, and we’re still major cultural issues that appear to have to be fixed by another coach.

This team is going to struggle to get back to 8-9 wins, let alone trying to complete with Clemson and apparently Miami.

Saban recruited crazy High (and hasn’t stopped) including getting legit offensive lineman his first couple of years.

We’re also in the era of Early Signing Period and we’re gonna now have 2 weak classes in 3 years, figure a few de-commits, player transfers, and we’re still major cultural issues that appear to have to be fixed by another coach.

This team is going to struggle to get back to 8-9 wins, let alone trying to complete with Clemson and apparently Miami.
Oh the culture is definitely a problem, and it might get worse before it gets better. You may end up having to clean house in the locker room and start over, much the way Pruitt has had to do at Tennessee. FSU is a storied and historic program, and you will be back. The timetable is to be determined.

I have a soft spot in my heart for FSU. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"...…..I bullshit you not when I say that Sam Pittman might be the best possible hire as HC that y'all could find. That said...….if ya'll were to do that, I would immediately hate all that FSU represents.

Same can be said for Mullens over there in 'Gainesburger'
Jimbo left the cupboard pretty bare when he left. There IS some talent now at FSU but they lack guidance and discipline. It will take a strong coaching staff to turn things around. Look at SMU and Memphis, they don't have the talent that FSU does but they are flat out balling. There is a culture problem right now at FSU and as I said earlier, it may get worse before it gets better, but the right staff will turn it around.

You really can't compare what Saban did in 3 years, going from hot mess to NC, to most new hire coaches.

2007 he had to go with what he had. It was obvious some of the players were dialing in their play, pissed over losing Shula, their buddy who let them get away with anything.

2008, after bringing in some good recruits, he told EVERYBODY their jobs were up for grabs. Perform or get lost. Some primary donna's suddenly found themselves possibly riding the bench. My way or the highway Saban was willing to back it up.

2009, everyone had fully embraced the new process and it started to come together.

But most coaches probably couldn't pull that off. Plus the fact the fans and alumni would probably have supported summarily executions on the Quad wouldn't happen at most schools.

IMO, 3 years is a minimum for most to get their feet under them, bring in their own players and weed out the negative element.

But if your trend is backward by the 2nd year instead of some improvement, it's not a good look