Wk 6 CFB Thread

UT's weak pale yellow orange is more palatable than a full on orange, so I would go with UT at the moment.😁

If you go back over SEC's bowl record over last twenty years, you'll see most SEC teams win in post season play. Either SEC is underated, or other conferences are overated. The SEC gets the benefit of the doubt for a legitimate reason. UT may not actually be top ten, but they get it until proven unworthy.
I like the SEC, but this is a bit of misinformation everyone buys into. You have to go back to 2019-20 season the last time the SEC had the best bowl record. The time before that, 2015-16. It has not dominated the way people believe.
Last year,the P5 conferences bowl performances were: Big 12 .714, Big Ten .600, SEC .429, ACC .333 and PAC .000. In 20-21, Big 12 1.000, SEC .778, Big Ten .600, ACC .000, PAC .000.

I like the SEC, but this is a bit of misinformation everyone buys into. You have to go back to 2019-20 season the last time the SEC had the best bowl record. The time before that, 2015-16. It has not dominated the way people believe.
Last year,the P5 conferences bowl performances were: Big 12 .714, Big Ten .600, SEC .429, ACC .333 and PAC .000. In 20-21, Big 12 1.000, SEC .778, Big Ten .600, ACC .000, PAC .000.
I wasn't referring to best overall, just routinely over .500 in wins. Wether favored or not, the SEC typically comes out ahead in supposedly balanced bowl games. And typically a lower tier SEC team plays against a mid tier other conference team.

Bear with me, this could be a lot of typing.

After much thought, I can't figure out what Napier was thinking.

Mizzou was stopped for no gain on 3rd and goal at the 11 with no timeouts. Clock ticking down with 24 seconds. Down 10-7, Mizzou would be lucky to get set up for the field goal and big pressure to make it in such a hurry. Napier calls one of his 3 timeouts. Stops the clock for Mizzou.

OK, a big kick return might give you a short field with 2 timeouts and 24 seconds. Time to make something happen maybe?

Nope, he uses another timeout to "ice" one of the best kickers in the SEC. Wasted. Mizzou makes the kick to tie the game.

Ensuing kickoff goes out of the end zone and Florida takes a knee to end the half.

Napier literally gifted Mizzou a game tying field goal.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Napier is an above average G-5 head coach. He is no where near what it takes to lead a premiere SEC program.

KU up 17-10 now.

Tennessee is pushing LSU's butthole in

Oklahoma is currently the Clown Team of the Week down 28-0 in the 2nd.

The color of the day is ...

840_560.jpg