2023 Overrated/underrated Contest

I know people will mock the pick but I really like Texas A&M this year. I think they're looking at a breakout season.
I think they are as well and have the best offensive play caller in CFB at the helm. They have the talent and depth to square up against the SEC's elite. The thing I am concerned about is when they run up against a quality D, can Jimbo let Bobby do his job. IMHO Jimbo proved last season that his way does not work anymore. The more he interferes with Bobby, the worse it will be. I forgot who posted it here but I agree that if Jimbo reneges on whatever deal/understanding he has with Bobby, Bobby will split the locker room and burn the program down. IF Jimbo leaves the O alone, they could win the SECW without shocking me. Big damned IF though.

I think they are as well and have the best offensive play caller in CFB at the helm. They have the talent and depth to square up against the SEC's elite. The thing I am concerned about is when they run up against a quality D, can Jimbo let Bobby do his job. IMHO Jimbo proved last season that his way does not work anymore. The more he interferes with Bobby, the worse it will be. I forgot who posted it here but I agree that if Jimbo reneges on whatever deal/understanding he has with Bobby, Bobby will split the locker room and burn the program down. IF Jimbo leaves the O alone, they could win the SECW without shocking me. Big damned IF though.

Even last year, Aggie had their moments. They nearly beat Alabama in T-Town and beat LSU handily. A lot of that young talent won't be that young this year. If the offense gets a kick from Bobby P, Aggie will be a legit contender in the west IMO.

Even last year, Aggie had their moments. They nearly beat Alabama in T-Town and beat LSU handily. A lot of that young talent won't be that young this year. If the offense gets a kick from Bobby P, Aggie will be a legit contender in the west IMO.
The flip side of those moments is that they only scored 10 in a loss at Auburn. To put that in perspective, it was the least points given up by our D all season. Even Mizzou put up 14 and should have put up 21. Mercer, San Jose State, and Western Kentucky scored more on us than TAMU.

The idea is to pick the team you think is most overrated AND underrated in the AFCA Coaches poll. The rules are simple, each position a team rises/fall is a point. Anyone not in the top 25 is scored as being 26th. Negative points are awarded for a pick that moves in the opposite direction that you predict at the rate of -1 per position. Picks must be in and finalized by noon EST on Saturday, AUG 26. You can change up your pics until that time. The score will be tallied following the publishing of the AFCA Coaches Poll following the Conference Championship Games and I will buy the winner a subscription to Fifth Quarter Plus. If there are any questions, please ask.

The preseason poll is:
  1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. Alabama
  4. Ohio State
  5. LSU
  6. USC
  7. Penn State
  8. FSU
  9. Clemson
  10. Tennessee
  11. Washington
  12. Texas
  13. Notre Dame
  14. Utah
  15. Oregon
  16. TCU
  17. Kansas State
  18. Oregon State
  19. Oklahoma
  20. UNC
  21. Wisconsin
  22. Ole Miss
  23. Tulane
  24. Texas Tech
  25. Texas A&M
Others receiving votes: Iowa 169, South Carolina 89, Florida 63, UTSA 59, Pittsburgh 52, UCLA 42, Kentucky 34, Baylor 28, Troy 25, Arkansas 20, Fresno State 19, NC State 19, Boise State 18, Auburn 18, Miami 16, Minnesota 16, Mississippi State 13, Oklahoma State 12, Missouri 11, Maryland 10, SMU 8, South Alabama 8, Illinois 7, Air Force 6, Wake Forest 6, Toledo 5, Washington State 4, Houston 3, BYU 2, Duke 2, Arizona 2, Kansas 1, James Madison 1, Memphis 1
If I win, since I already have a sub to FQ plus, I request my winnings go to an Auburn T-Shirt mailed to @Toadman005

I'll gamble. Overrated: Clemson, Underrated: TAMU
Overrated - LSU
Underrated - Texas A&M

so-itbegins-lord-of-the-rings.gif