Coaching carousel

He may have gone as far as he can at UK. One thing is for sure, he wont go farther without some shake-up in personnel. Honestly, Id trade him for Liam Coen right now if we could keep Brad White as DC. Stoops is definitely a master at rebuild, and you could throw some of that ridiculous Auburn money at him. How bout 95 million? :LOL:
How does aTm feel about such a high dollar contract? HHHmmmmm?

That has been the conventional wisdom for a while now and I am not surprised. Lane is a good coach and recruiter and the only thing I have against him is IMHO his play calling analytics passes on a lot of points. I am not the biggest fan of his game management but we shall see.
Maybe the ceiling has been reached at the land of the blacklandbearrebelsharks. Time to move on.

Lane Kiffin reached deep into his bag of Twitter tricks to troll a Mississippi television sports director over a report that he would step down from Ole Miss to take the Auburn head coaching job on Friday after the Egg Bowl.
WCBI-TV sports director Jon Sokoloff on Monday reported that sources had told him that Kiffin would resign on Friday for the Eagles’ job. Kiffin offered a rebuttal just over an hour later, tweeting “That’s news to me Jon” and “Nice sources”.

Kiffin wasn’t done, though. For reference, here’s Sokoloff’s tweet:

Following his original response, Kiffin followed it up with a priceless troll:

For reference, WLOX, located in Biloxi, Miss.
Many would say that Kiffin would be better served to stay off Twitter and focus on beating Mississippi State on Thursday. No matter who you are, though, you have to admit that his Twitter game remains undefeated in the SEC.
Never change, Lane Kiffin.

Well, if he takes the Auburn job, he will never coach at Bama. You know he wants it.
I don't know that at all, but let's assume it is true for a minute. Do you think that his Ole Miss resume will be stellar enough to win over the boosters after his departure from T-Town for FAU? I don't think he even believes that his name is in the hat for post Saban Bama job. If it means restoring/continuing the Bama/Saban dynasty, being the Auburn HC would not be a disqualifier. IF he has the success on the Plains necessary to get in the running ... hurting Auburn may even be seen as a benefit.

Last night Lane said he expects to be coaching Ole Miss next year. There has been a lot of clickbait over Lane and all I am going to say is that either all of these people claiming to have inside knowledge are frauds if not outright liars or Lane is. I actually expect that the name is going to come as a total surprise to everyone. I have no idea if that is a good thing or not but that is the reason I haven't gotten my panties in a bunch over the names being bandied about.