***College Basketball Thread***

Been quite a back and forth affair here. Switched over after the Apple Cup ended.

Honestly I don't give a shyt who wins. I just don't care about Duke anymore.

UCLA is legit. Long as anyone, beasts on defense, and clicking on offense. Baring injuries, they will be in the final four this year.

Do they still do the Great Alaska Shootout? Used to be one of those early season tourneys, but haven't heard anything about it in a while.......
They still have it but its went down the sh1tter since they allowed umpteen preseason tourney's these days. Back when it was big there were only four preseason tourney's allowed by the NCAA .. the NIT preseason tourney, The Great Alaskan Shootout, the Hawaii tourney and the one in Puerto Rico.

They still have it but its went down the sh1tter since they allowed umpteen preseason tourney's these days. Back when it was big there were only four preseason tourney's allowed by the NCAA .. the NIT preseason tourney, The Great Alaskan Shootout, the Hawaii tourney and the one in Puerto Rico.

Was kind of concerned that might be the case. That and the Maui Invitational used to be the go-to preseason tourneys.

Just saw where Mark Turgeon is out at Maryland. Odd time of the year for that and they've opened with a 5-3 record......

Danny Manning will be taking over as interim HC.

Just caught the overtime period after the UK game. Nice win! Low scoring game..... Guess it was a slug fest?
it was a terrific defensive battle -
Barnes has really built a defensive mindset at Tenn,
and Adams was the defensive mastermind under Beard -
44-44 at the end of regulation -

looks like the blue-cats are good, as usual -

cheers!

it was a terrific defensive battle -
Barnes has really built a defensive mindset at Tenn,
and Adams was the defensive mastermind under Beard -
44-44 at the end of regulation -

looks like the blue-cats are good, as usual -

cheers!

Yeah, I was very surprised to turn it on and see Tenn under 50 in OT. That's a team that can put some points on the board.

We seem to have recovered from having an epically shitty team last year. I blame that on the COVID year, but whatever it was, it was bad enough for Cal to clean house and really beef up the coaching staff. He hit the transfer portal hard this year too and brought in some real gems.

In other news, Gonzaga now has 2 losses.

Also, the SEC has 7 teams in the top 25. Making a STRONG case as the best conference this year. Ya hear that Big12 and ACC??