***College Basketball Thread***

I bet her NIL deals may now be worth more than a WNBA contract.

EDIT: Top WNBA player is paid 250K annually, she is already up to over 700K!
"Jackie Young of the Aces has an average annual salary of $252,450 and is currently the WNBA's highest-paid player in 2023."

Last edited:
I bet her NIL deals may now be worth more than a WNBA contract.

EDIT: Top WNBA player is paid 250K annually, she is already up to over 700K!
"Jackie Young of the Aces has an average annual salary of $252,450 and is currently the WNBA's highest-paid player in 2023."

I would be shocked if the NIL opportunities for women aren't better than the WNBA.

Seven players have transferred out in the past two weeks. That program is a dumpster fire atm but Hopkins buyout is insane.

UW went all in financially on their football program (which is understandable) but this is a result of that. If UW had the money to do it, I'd fire Hopkins and go hire Leon Rice from Boise.

The PAC is dead as disco.

Definitely a dangerous time for the PAC. There's a real possibility they could lose over half their remaining members between May-August. The media situation is tough for them. It's a bad media market, most of the major providers already have the content that they want, and they can't get the schools to even commit to the conference moving forward.

I think if the Big Ten grabs UO and UW, the Big 12 will grab CU, UA, ASU and Utah. The PAC would then half to backfill over half the conference with G5 schools. SDSU, Boise State, Fresno State, SMU, Tulane, Rice, UTSA, UNLV, Air Force, Colorado State are all possibilities but it's clearly a lower tier conference at that point.

The big question is what happens if the Big Ten chooses not to expand. Will anyone still defect to the Big 12? If so, how many?

Definitely a dangerous time for the PAC. There's a real possibility they could lose over half their remaining members between May-August. The media situation is tough for them. It's a bad media market, most of the major providers already have the content that they want, and they can't get the schools to even commit to the conference moving forward.

I think if the Big Ten grabs UO and UW, the Big 12 will grab CU, UA, ASU and Utah. The PAC would then half to backfill over half the conference with G5 schools. SDSU, Boise State, Fresno State, SMU, Tulane, Rice, UTSA, UNLV, Air Force, Colorado State are all possibilities but it's clearly a lower tier conference at that point.

The big question is what happens if the Big Ten chooses not to expand. Will anyone still defect to the Big 12? If so, how many?
The Zona schools along with Utah said they're committed to the PAC but that can change at any moment.

Everyone is committed until it comes time to sign something...
Or until something like this

stock-photo-stack-of-dollars

comes along.

@AlaskaGuy y'all are getting Wheeler from UK in the portal to join with Brooks. Wheeler was a hard worker, but seemed to always choke in the final minutes. He still has a ton of experience and a new venue/coaching staff may help put you guys on the MCBB map next year.