***College Wrestling Thread***

I was disappointed Ragusin and Amine didn't wrestle for Michigan. I really wanted to see Kennedy/Amine.
I didn't watch much of it nor did I get to watch much of Minnesota beating Wisconsin today. Went to get our taxes done but we have so unique stuff with being in two states and a rental house situation and what kids we get to claim each year. She ended up telling us she'd work on it and call us back. So missed those and most of semi finals & finals of IN HS wrestling.

Calfing season hitting right then?
Yes I start right at the beginning of March every year, it's always a concern for me when wanting to go to nationals, but this year my girls are also going to be playing volleyball that weekend, my parents will be gone as well so I can't have my dad cover for me either.

This season is testing my patience like no other. Minnesota doing OK in duals but the individual success is lacking especially for my favorite Brayton Lee. Then I get into HS wrestling on the Indiana side. Team dual alma mater probably overachieved by being 1A runner ups but only 2 state qualifiers & no placers. Our semi state took a step back after rebounding last year with a poor showing of placers & 1 finalist & no champs. If I extend to the teams close to our area but not in our semi state, we get 1 champ & more placers but still lacking compared to Evansville. Then go to Ohio side and frustrating too. My stepkids' school where I coach youth is newer and didn't get a chance to compete for team state duals. Team they beat at our tournament and a team I dislike won the Division 3 team dual title. Means our new team could definitely competed & may have won. Would have been a big boost to the sport in a basketball school. Add to the fact my stepson was hurt to begin most of the youth season and my son hurt & just getting back to wrestling doesn't help. Also my cousins boys struggling in Indiana before I got to coach them in Ohio. Now they're competing admirably in both states but still struggling a bit mentally & physically. I know my cousin could have helped coach sooner & not been as frustrated earlier. My stepson struggles too as his dad won't let him practice or compete during his time bc I'm involved. Therefore his buddies have struggled without a partner. My other cousin's rocky relationship meant his stepsons (possibly former now) didn't wrestle or he coach. Also my nephews by marriage didn't get to start either due to family dynamics. Maybe the Ohio HS team will get their first individual state qualifier in a few weeks to put a positive end to it. Despite all the setbacks & frustration we have finished 2nd in dual tournament, won an individual tournament and placed 3rd in another for our youth. Next year has to go better or I may lose my shit!

This season is testing my patience like no other. Minnesota doing OK in duals but the individual success is lacking especially for my favorite Brayton Lee. Then I get into HS wrestling on the Indiana side. Team dual alma mater probably overachieved by being 1A runner ups but only 2 state qualifiers & no placers. Our semi state took a step back after rebounding last year with a poor showing of placers & 1 finalist & no champs. If I extend to the teams close to our area but not in our semi state, we get 1 champ & more placers but still lacking compared to Evansville. Then go to Ohio side and frustrating too. My stepkids' school where I coach youth is newer and didn't get a chance to compete for team state duals. Team they beat at our tournament and a team I dislike won the Division 3 team dual title. Means our new team could definitely competed & may have won. Would have been a big boost to the sport in a basketball school. Add to the fact my stepson was hurt to begin most of the youth season and my son hurt & just getting back to wrestling doesn't help. Also my cousins boys struggling in Indiana before I got to coach them in Ohio. Now they're competing admirably in both states but still struggling a bit mentally & physically. I know my cousin could have helped coach sooner & not been as frustrated earlier. My stepson struggles too as his dad won't let him practice or compete during his time bc I'm involved. Therefore his buddies have struggled without a partner. My other cousin's rocky relationship meant his stepsons (possibly former now) didn't wrestle or he coach. Also my nephews by marriage didn't get to start either due to family dynamics. Maybe the Ohio HS team will get their first individual state qualifier in a few weeks to put a positive end to it. Despite all the setbacks & frustration we have finished 2nd in dual tournament, won an individual tournament and placed 3rd in another for our youth. Next year has to go better or I may lose my shit!
Keep holding up. Peoples Egos are hard to get around, all you can do is to keep trying to help the kids. If the adults can't see that then they are the problem and there is nothing you can do about it.

Keep holding up. Peoples Egos are hard to get around, all you can do is to keep trying to help the kids. If the adults can't see that then they are the problem and there is nothing you can do about it.
Another 1st place for the team. Guess we are doing something right though it feels like we are struggling. Maybe I expect too much. Idk.

Man, we were so close to making that dual competitive. Seriously, go fugging destroy Pedd
I'd love to but I doubt it's in the cards this year. Fix needs to beat rby, and your 197, I forget his name, needs to toss Dean on his head.

Know not college related again, but I'm currently on a war path against the administration at the school I coach club for in Ohio. A couple of my kids in club have older brothers wrestling at district today & tomorrow and if they make it through, they would be the first state qualifiers for the school. HS is in year 3 and MS year 4. Club maybe 5 or 6. They got no recognition at all. None of their teammates were allowed to send them off. Yet the basketball team gets pep rallies, meals, students sending notes of encouragement, and etc. Add to the fact that club, MS, & HS all have to share our club mat for duals & invites. All their social media has is about the basketball game tonight and nothing else. Pure bullshit. Guess this will be round 2 of me & superintendent going rounds.