***College Wrestling Thread***

Know not college related again, but I'm currently on a war path against the administration at the school I coach club for in Ohio. A couple of my kids in club have older brothers wrestling at district today & tomorrow and if they make it through, they would be the first state qualifiers for the school. HS is in year 3 and MS year 4. Club maybe 5 or 6. They got no recognition at all. None of their teammates were allowed to send them off. Yet the basketball team gets pep rallies, meals, students sending notes of encouragement, and etc. Add to the fact that club, MS, & HS all have to share our club mat for duals & invites. All their social media has is about the basketball game tonight and nothing else. Pure bullshit. Guess this will be round 2 of me & superintendent going rounds.
It's bullshit when schools play favorites over sports teams. Back when I was in highschool, in the early to mid nineties we would have pep rallies for volleyball, football, wrestling, and both basketball teams before playing big rival teams, and before playoff games or wrestling at conference, sectionals, or state. I have noticed as years have gone on that school administrators matter. Some like to prioritize some over the others.

It's bullshit when schools play favorites over sports teams. Back when I was in highschool, in the early to mid nineties we would have pep rallies for volleyball, football, wrestling, and both basketball teams before playing big rival teams, and before playoff games or wrestling at conference, sectionals, or state. I have noticed as years have gone on that school administrators matter. Some like to prioritize some over the others.
Just bullshit their teammates couldn't even send them off let alone classmates & staff. Unfortunately the damn basketball team barely won in 2 OT to avoid getting upset. Sad to say but I hope they get curb stomped next round. As for the wrestling, only 1 of the 4 are still alive. Not good chances for him getting out. Not surprising as the the old youth coach that took over from the now high school coach always told me we will get them to where they need to be as will the MS coach, just for him (HS coach) to fuck it up. He's not wrong as I've witnessed some duals that shown it. Can't be too hard on him though, as he got the current HS principal who was the AD at the time to agree to start a team. The AD now HS principal told me when I got out of college in 2011 that it would be over his dead body that wrestling would be there ever. Granted he was the assistant basketball coach at the time.

We got 9 of 10 now with 2 at larges. Of course the 1 not going is my favorite who was ranked #1 preseason in Brayton. Never was healthy though from last years injury and appears was injured again in his 1st match of B1G tournament. Maybe it's for the better as I believe he gets another year due to Covid. Fucking Ohio State for you causing troubles still as that's where injury #1 occurred.

Off season for everything else wrestling now. Club finished runner up at our own dual tournament. This time to my nephews' school that basically created an all-star squad with some other schools. We won more matches against their own kid's, but lost to all the studs they added on by fall. That sorta rubbed me the wrong way as we only used kids that wrestled for our club. Last year my Alma Mater from Indiana won it with studs, but they were all from their club & school to boot. That I could verify from coaching those kids in football. The HS in OH where our club feeds in didn't get any state qualifiers in year 3 of the program. So lot's of off-season work needs done here in Ohio & Indiana from HS, MS, & youth to get better results.

We got all 10 in but it will be a tall task to knock off ped. We are going to need all the help we can get.
I feel like Mizzou has a fighting chance of winning it this season as well. Granted so many moving parts have to go right on oSu & Iowa's end to ensure that happens as well. Gonna have to have a showing of our ranked guys to make it to the finals & knock a Pedd or two off in points.

The formula that the ncaa has put in place to seed the brackets is screwed up. Really hurts the big ten guys that go up against top competition every week. Take heavy weight. Hendrickson from air force is the 2. His only loss was to Parris, but Parris was the only good wrestler he faced. He got a similar seed last year and didn't all American. He gets rewarded for a East schedule. Kerklivet gets the 3. His only 2 losses came to Paris, while wrestling a much tougher schedule, beating Cassioppi twice. Cass gets the 4 only losing to Parris and kerk, and will get the reward of having returning runner up Schultz in the quarters, who really hasn't wrestled a tough schedule either. A lot of weights are a mess. 149, 184, 165, 157, 197, the formula is a joke.

The formula that the ncaa has put in place to seed the brackets is screwed up. Really hurts the big ten guys that go up against top competition every week. Take heavy weight. Hendrickson from air force is the 2. His only loss was to Parris, but Parris was the only good wrestler he faced. He got a similar seed last year and didn't all American. He gets rewarded for a East schedule. Kerklivet gets the 3. His only 2 losses came to Paris, while wrestling a much tougher schedule, beating Cassioppi twice. Cass gets the 4 only losing to Parris and kerk, and will get the reward of having returning runner up Schultz in the quarters, who really hasn't wrestled a tough schedule either. A lot of weights are a mess. 149, 184, 165, 157, 197, the formula is a joke.
Seth Duckworth, the Wrestling writer for oSu has been having a hard time figuring out their method as well. If he can't, I'm not even gonna try 😂

Seth Duckworth, the Wrestling writer for oSu has been having a hard time figuring out their method as well. If he can't, I'm not even gonna try 😂
The criteria puts to much emphasis on winning the conference tournaments. I'm sorry but winning the big ten compared to the socon tournament are different animals.

When is the B1G going to give OKSt the affiliate membership? Probably IASt as well & have all the elite programs.
I doubt John Smith would want to come coach in the big and Dresser dosen't deserve to. Wish the big would send Nebraska back to the big 12 as well so we could get rid of the douche that is Mark Manning.

OH HS wrestling state finals not having any local success. Not as surprising with newer programs, but still disappointing since they have 3 divisions instead of one like Indiana. I focused on 3 counties plus 3 schools that border those 3 counties. In total 15 schools and 7 had a representative. Most were eliminated yesterday and the few left are in the consolations. If none win, then no placers at all. We need more RTC's in the area. Weird to say, but in our area the Ohio schools are more into basketball than the Indiana schools.

Word is 133 and 149 will be redrawn. Be interesting to see if any more weights are. There's some hurt guys out there.

Ugh, Rough night last night. Kennedy Warner and Assad all on the back side. Only real surprise was Kennedy but that was kind of a 50 50 match. Problem is it put him in the worst place possible.