***College Wrestling Thread***

I didn't see any wrestling last night but sounded like their heavyweight pulled a cement mixer out of his ass.
Whole 2nd half was terrible on our end. Salazar won but almost was thrown to his back by Pinto again. Jones lost in OT to Allred but couldn't finish 2 or 3 takedowns. Tabor had the dual & lost it. Skillings just kills us by beating himself. Loses patience and gets beat on a bad shot attempt. Thankfully Blockhus gives me something to watch. McKee showed up too. Not having Lee really hurts.

Penn State left little doubt about this year after yesterday's performance. Not a great week wrestling personally besides last Sunday & Minnesota rebounding.

The Indiana HS season ended a week too short today as not a single one of the 8 for my alma mater made it to state today. Only 2nd time ever I believe. Our southern county rivals barely got 1 through and the always tough northern county rivals got 4 but just 1 champ instead of 2 like they expected. So good luck to those 5 in Evansville next week. Usually Indy but NBA All Star game moved it.

The Ohio HS team was in the conference race in just year 4 of existence. The match Tuesday would have allowed them to win it. Instead they had injuries & illness right before & only filled 7 weights. They won 5 of 7 wrestled but couldn't overcome the forfeits. Same happened Thursday out of conference. Not sure they'll (say we'll) get their 1st state qualifier as hoped either. Hopefully I'm wrong. The MS has been doing well but struggled Tuesday as well.

Hopefully our youth club does well tomorrow. Our practice schedule was all screwed up so it wouldn't surprise me if it hurts us. We've dominated the last 4 weeks, though last week was a bit sloppy. Be cool to dominate 5 weeks in a row.

Ugh ped st is a monster. The development of Haines is amazing. Last year he was good, this year he's jumped 3 levels.

B1G this weekend. Guessing it's going to be an Iowa vs PSU affair.

Local front, the OH HS team didn't get any state qualifiers but actually have 2 alternates for the 1st time ever. Think maybe 6 qualifiers in the 3 counties I follow for the lowest division and 1 in the middle division.

Our youth club rounded out the season finishing runner-up in our home dual tournament again. We placed 1st or 2nd in every individual & dual tournament this year. Had 4 kids win the individual tournament series and probably would have had 5 if one wasn't sick. He was one of 5 good kids sick or hurt yesterday that we dearly missed. A lot of young kids with bright futures in Ohio or Indiana from our club in Ohio. Hopefully more studs emerge in the Indiana club.

B1G this weekend. Guessing it's going to be an Iowa vs PSU affair.

Local front, the OH HS team didn't get any state qualifiers but actually have 2 alternates for the 1st time ever. Think maybe 6 qualifiers in the 3 counties I follow for the lowest division and 1 in the middle division.

Our youth club rounded out the season finishing runner-up in our home dual tournament again. We placed 1st or 2nd in every individual & dual tournament this year. Had 4 kids win the individual tournament series and probably would have had 5 if one wasn't sick. He was one of 5 good kids sick or hurt yesterday that we dearly missed. A lot of young kids with bright futures in Ohio or Indiana from our club in Ohio. Hopefully more studs emerge in the Indiana club.
Unfortunately ped st. Will run away with the championship.

Missed it due to coaching my cousin's boy at Indiana youth state. Looks like Blockhus is hurt?
I missed nearly all of it too. Turned on the semi's last night at 184. I will miss most of today's as well. Might get some of it on the radio but not all.

Well this was an NCAA tournament to forget as a Gophers fan. Expected though. Was following the Gophers & former Gopher now Hoosier Brayton Lee. Just the Penn State show of dominance at this point. The sport needs the parity from 2 to around 21st or so in the standings but not the 148 to 64.5 from 1st to 2nd.

Well this was an NCAA tournament to forget as a Gophers fan. Expected though. Was following the Gophers & former Gopher now Hoosier Brayton Lee. Just the Penn State show of dominance at this point. The sport needs the parity from 2 to around 21st or so in the standings but not the 148 to 64.5 from 1st to 2nd.
It definitely has been one to forget. Iowa loosing 4 to the gambling thing hurt us tremendously. We still wouldn't have had anything for ped st. I'm not going to be able to watch today at all, I caught last night's semi's, happy for Ayala. I have to go to Des Moines today for a thing today and tonight.

ohiostate3.jpg

It’s all over now right?
Top 10 Teams
1. Penn State (172.5)
2. Cornell (72.5)
3. Michigan (71)
4. Iowa State (68.5)
5. Iowa (67)
6. Arizona State (64.5)
7. Virginia Tech (64)
8. Ohio State (62)
9. Nebraska (60.5)
10. Oklahoma State (56)

It’s all over now right?
Top 10 Teams
1. Penn State (172.5)
2. Cornell (72.5)
3. Michigan (71)
4. Iowa State (68.5)
5. Iowa (67)
6. Arizona State (64.5)
7. Virginia Tech (64)
8. Ohio State (62)
9. Nebraska (60.5)
10. Oklahoma State (56)
Yep. My hawks did poorly. Even worse than I thought they would do.