Conference Realignment?

Not a fan of expansion just for expansions sake. What does Fresno State bring to the table other than being in California? I am a huge Brett Yormark fan, but I don't see this

Not a fan of expansion just for expansions sake. What does Fresno State bring to the table other than being in California? I am a huge Brett Yormark fan, but I don't see this

My guess (no intel) is that Brett is considering a scenario where the PAC holds together but doesn't expand. I could see the Big 12 wanting to add SDSU and Fresno State. That would give them a presence in Northern and Southern California and gives their media partners the option to have content in all 4 time slots.

My guess (no intel) is that Brett is considering a scenario where the PAC holds together but doesn't expand. I could see the Big 12 wanting to add SDSU and Fresno State. That would give them a presence in Northern and Southern California and gives their media partners the option to have content in all 4 time slots.
Bringing in both may make more sense than just one. Isn't there a rivalry game between the two also? Not sure I think it is the best idea, but BY knows more than I do...

Bringing in both may make more sense than just one. Isn't there a rivalry game between the two also? Not sure I think it is the best idea, but BY knows more than I do...

I'm not sure if they have a rivalry. I also don't think this is the best idea but what do I know?

Thought I would resurrect this thread. With the new B1G commissioner being named, I wonder if that means UO/UW might get an invite to join USC/UCLA? Also, a lot of rumors around the lack of a PAC media deal and comments such as "Watch Colorado" from Marchand.

Thought I would resurrect this thread. With the new B1G commissioner being named, I wonder if that means UO/UW might get an invite to join USC/UCLA? Also, a lot of rumors around the lack of a PAC media deal and comments such as "Watch Colorado" from Marchand.

I think Marchand was a little early. Watch Colorado over the next 6 weeks. If they make a jump to the Big 12, we are going to see significant realignment IMO. If we get to the end of June and they haven't made a move, I think the PAC stays intact. Decisions are going to be made soon but nothing is already decided (from what I've heard).

Oh, I agree to that. I think there is so much still up in the air, but I do think we will know soon enough. Either CU stays or leaves, and then the rest of the pieces fall into place. Odd that Colorado, with as bad as it has been recently, could very well hold the PAC together or start its unraveling. I would have thought it would have been Washington or Oregon...

Oh, I agree to that. I think there is so much still up in the air, but I do think we will know soon enough. Either CU stays or leaves, and then the rest of the pieces fall into place. Odd that Colorado, with as bad as it has been recently, could very well hold the PAC together or start its unraveling. I would have thought it would have been Washington or Oregon...

Oregon and Washington are trying to make a different level move, which is going to take the right circumstances.

Colorado kind of makes sense. They share history with the Big 12 and are more of a fit geographically. Other than pride, the factors point to them being the first PAC schools to be willing to make a move to the Big 12.

I don't understand why there would be realignment?

Every one keeps bitching at ND that conferences are the way to go and that they need to join one of the ones out there now.

I don't understand why there would be realignment?

Every one keeps bitching at ND that conferences are the way to go and that they need to join one of the ones out there now.
1 - The B1G is not like the PAC/ACC/B12.
2 - ND is not going to join a conference until they have to. Think about it, Swarbrick has the same power of a P5 commissioner and only has to worry about 1 school.

1 - The B1G is not like the PAC/ACC/B12.
2 - ND is not going to join a conference until they have to. Think about it, Swarbrick has the same power of a P5 commissioner and only has to worry about 1 school.

The walls are going to eventually come closing in on ND. They will have to join the Big Ten or SEC at some point.

The walls are going to eventually come closing in on ND. They will have to join the Big Ten or SEC at some point.

B1G makes much more sense than the SEC.....or the ACC for that matter.

Edit to add: ND is unique in that they have a national (somewhat international) fanbase/media footprint, so that's one school that media overlap wouldn't be much of a concern for any conference looking to coax them in.

B1G makes much more sense than the SEC.....or the ACC for that matter.

Edit to add: ND is unique in that they have a national (somewhat international) fanbase/media footprint, so that's one school that media overlap wouldn't be much of a concern for any conference looking to coax them in.

It’s most likely going to the Big Ten, as much as it’s going to irk some of their fans. It just makes more sense

The only landing spot that makes sense to me.....freaking South Bend is NOT in the south lol.
**OR** they throw a curveball and join the ACC all-in. ACC is willing to pay based on performance, so with the addition of ND and the nice bump that this would trigger in their contract, the best performers in the conference will be equal with the B1G/SEC. And I am NOT an ACC fan, but I could see it happening.

Of course, they could join the B1G tomorrow, they are not tied to the GOR and their buyout is MUCH less than others in the ACC.

The only landing spot that makes sense to me.....freaking South Bend is NOT in the south lol.
**OR** they throw a curveball and join the ACC all-in. ACC is willing to pay based on performance, so with the addition of ND and the nice bump that this would trigger in their contract, the best performers in the conference will be equal with the B1G/SEC. And I am NOT an ACC fan, but I could see it happening.

Of course, they could join the B1G tomorrow, they are not tied to the GOR and their buyout is MUCH less than others in the ACC.

Notre Dame is not handcuffed to money. They have PLENTY. They are most likely to never join a conference, unless the playoff becomes a conference champion only thing, and that ain't gonna happen.