Conference Realignment?

Can we just get a Big 12 & Pac mega merger? Think that would make the ACC jump into action as well as the B1G & SEC possibly doing something radical. Maybe the death of the NCAA as we know it.

I don't think the media partners have any interest in a full merger. If they did, they would have just paid the PAC. It looks like the PAC is about to get looted for it's valuable parts and the rest is going to be left behind.

If that happened. And HUGE if. But if it did. I have talked to people at ND that have said ND would evaluate joining a mega conference.
That makes a lot of sense. I understand ND's love for being an independent but they need to be wary of possibly being shut out of meg conference scheduling. All it would take is a couple of agreements for OOC scheduling between mega conferences to really threaten ND's scheduling ability and leave them with a G5 type schedule. I don't think it would happen, but be aware of the risks.

Can we just get a Big 12 & Pac mega merger? Think that would make the ACC jump into action as well as the B1G & SEC possibly doing something radical. Maybe the death of the NCAA as we know it.
That was what ESPN wanted and the PAC refused. Now, they will be more selective.

Gotta catch up on the news/rumors, been vacationing in the Rockies (w no service) and just saw the CU news.

I still believe Arizona is the next school to move. UO and UW are going to try to hold out as long as they possibly can, hoping to get an answer from the Big Ten.

That makes a lot of sense. I understand ND's love for being an independent but they need to be wary of possibly being shut out of meg conference scheduling. All it would take is a couple of agreements for OOC scheduling between mega conferences to really threaten ND's scheduling ability and leave them with a G5 type schedule. I don't think it would happen, but be aware of the risks.

I agree. Again. I am one of the only ND die hards you will find that is over being Indy.

But. The ACC at this time. Needs ND more than the other way around. That changes the instant the ACC links their ship to either the B1G or SEC. And I honestly think it would be the SEC. TV screen wise it makes far more sense.

But that is the the problem. If the ACC can partner up with another conference. That affects their bowl picks and market share. And that is the golden goose they have in ND right now.

just noticed this part -
aggressive move by Yormark,
while the PAC is nearing the edge of the cliff -

Arizona, while they have value for the Big 12, is replaceable. The Big 12 could go ahead and add Utah or ASU and it wouldn't make a huge difference. BY also knows that adding Arizona puts the heat on Oregon and Washington to make a move. If the Big Ten doesn't act (and they may not from what I can gather), UO and UW may end up in the Big 12. That would be a big get for BY and the Big 12.

Reminds me of Hopkins lacrosse as a fan. Our independent schedule was usually murderers row and they did well. Then the B1G was expanding in football & ND joined the ACC for other sports. Basically forced us into the B1G as an affiliate once Maryland joined. Rather have been in the ACC with Maryland for Hopkins lacrosse. However the B1G has improved in lax. I think the mega conferences happening will force ND in football IF it comes to reality.