Conference Realignment?

**OR** they throw a curveball and join the ACC all-in. ACC is willing to pay based on performance, so with the addition of ND and the nice bump that this would trigger in their contract, the best performers in the conference will be equal with the B1G/SEC. And I am NOT an ACC fan, but I could see it happening.

Of course, they could join the B1G tomorrow, they are not tied to the GOR and their buyout is MUCH less than others in the ACC.
ND joining the ACC would potentially save the ACC. ACC is gonna self destruct.

Rumor is that GK is preparing to put an offer on the table for the PAC presidents. From what I've heard, they are skeptical it's going to be good enough to keep Colorado but the other 9 schools may be willing to take less in order to stay together. It really depends on what Arizona chooses to do IMO.

If Colorado is the only exit, SDSU will take their spot and the PAC will likely stand pat at 10.

Last edited:
The last thing I heard on this is that it might be primarily with streaming and the numbers are going to be difficult to decipher. So the number announced may appear to be good (possibly above the Big 12's number), but doubtful that is what the schools actually receive unless they hit ALL of the milestones set in the contract. Just what the PAC institutions do NOT need in my opinion. The schools need to know what their payouts will be so that they can accurately budget and not end up in the same boat as Washington State has found themselves.

Rumor is that GK is preparing to put an offer on the table for the PAC presidents. From what I've heard, they are skeptical it's going to be good enough to keep Colorado but the other 9 schools may be willing to take less in order to stay together. It really depends on what Arizona chooses to do IMO.

If Colorado is the only exit, SDSU will take their spot and the PAC will likely stand pat at 10.

It wasn't good enough o keep Colorado around. People tell me that the Big 12 is talking about potentially adding Arizona, Oregon and Washington next.

It wasn't good enough o keep Colorado around. People tell me that the Big 12 is talking about potentially adding Arizona, Oregon and Washington next.
The only way UW and Oregon would join the Big 12 is if they didn't see any opportunity of joining the B1G 10.

The only way UW and Oregon would join the Big 12 is if they didn't see any opportunity of joining the B1G 10.

I believe the Big 12 wants to swing for the fences and see if they can land UO/UW. If not, I believe they will settle for ASU and Utah. Big Ten is going to have to make a decision before they wanted. I'll be interested to see what my Big Ten sources think. I'll share if I can

The two Zona schools are gone ... expect them to announce it any day now.
@DieSonneTeufeln before you leave the PAC I have a meme for ya. :)

asu4.jpg

Depends on what everyone's definition of quickly is. My guess is Arizona jumps next and then there's a pause to see what UO/UW and the Big Ten are going to do. If the Big Ten passes, I'd expect UO/UW to go to the Big 12. If not, Arizona State and Utah.
well, for the sake of discussion,
lets define quickly as less than 6mo -

regarding UO n UW,
i sure hope they get a B10 invite -
they'd just bring instability to the B12,
with their eye on the back door -

well, for the sake of discussion,
lets define quickly as less than 6mo -

regarding UO n UW,
i sure hope they get a B10 invite -
they'd just bring instability to the B12,
with their eye on the back door -

I expect this will be resolved in 6 months for sure.

Hearing a few things I'm hearing:

- Big 12 Presidents discussed adding Arizona, Oregon and Washington recently. They are on board with adding all 3 of those.
- The belief is that Arizona will be the next school to move from the PAC to the Big 12. Not sure it will happen as quickly as people are thinking it will but who knows. There's definitely panic out west and a lot of phone calls are being made. Arizona has not done the amount of work Colorado has when it comes to switching conferences. At least not yet.
- There's a very good chance BY is going to put a deadline on Arizona to make a move.

Big Ten world is staying pretty quiet. I can gather they are not happy about this. Their plan was to wait and incorporate USC/UCLA and come back west when they were ready to move past 16. However, the Big 12 might force their hand on Oregon and Washington. No idea which way it will go but it will be interesting.

Last edited: