Leading cause of injury in older men...

I still outwork people half my age. Difference is, I do it because I have pride in myself and what I do. Combine that with the number of younger generation folks that don't want a job, just a paycheck.....well, you know where this is going.

I don't outwork them, they work more hours.

I out smart them.

I spend half my work day coaching people.

It's amazing what I think I can still do, but my body says "Haha, no."
along those same lines, I rarely go to bars anymore but when I do,, I always get drunk and think Im better looking than I am.. start hitting on the younger ladies,, they get creeped out, I give up and go to waffle house :cry:

After a lifetime of "desk job". I'd recommend you get a part time position with a "questionable" yard work crew this summer. You'll drop a few pounds (because meth), increase your beer tolerence (substantially), and learn how to crank that damn weed eater you bought 15 years ago that's still in the garage looking brand new because it's never been used.
Typical fucking squid. If you ain't wide open, you're slowing down. The only option after slowing down is stopping. Fuck that. I'm hitting that brick wall going wide ass open.
I know, right. I'd rather have a bowl of grits and a nap.
Damn Dawg,, you're getting drunk,, your picking a fight with a squid, then getting hungry and sleepy.. (just like the old days)

When I was a young boy, I used to help by Grandfather in the fields. He would work slow and steady while I worked like hell to try and get it done so I could do other stuff.
At the end of the day, not only had he done a shit load more than I had, I was completely exhausted and he was not.
That lesson stuck with me, though it wasn't until recent years that it came to fruition.
I still outwork people half my age. Difference is, I do it because I have pride in myself and what I do. Combine that with the number of younger generation folks that don't want a job, just a paycheck.....well, you know where this is going.
Manual labor is like running, you have to find your own pace. Trying to go too fast will usually slow you down. It probably took me most of my twenties to “find my pace”. I was in much better shape back then, but now I can dig a ditch twice as big. It was like riding a bike in the wrong gear, you don’t really notice until you’ve worn yourself out.

Some people blame too much on the lack of pride and work ethic, these kids just don’t know HOW to work yet. They piss and moan because it’s too hard. It’s too hard because they haven’t found their pace, and they’re making it harder on themselves than it should be. That might be a little harder for someone who went through basic training to understand. Your pace was given to you even if you were forced to adjust to it. For a lot of people, it takes a while to figure it out.

Manual labor is like running, you have to find your own pace. Trying to go too fast will usually slow you down. It probably took me most of my twenties to “find my pace”. I was in much better shape back then, but now I can dig a ditch twice as big. It was like riding a bike in the wrong gear, you don’t really notice until you’ve worn yourself out.

Some people blame too much on the lack of pride and work ethic, these kids just don’t know HOW to work yet. They piss and moan because it’s too hard. It’s too hard because they haven’t found their pace, and they’re making it harder on themselves than it should be. That might be a little harder for someone who went through basic training to understand. Your pace was given to you even if you were forced to adjust to it. For a lot of people, it takes a while to figure it out.

Thing is, they don't know how, but they don't want to know how. Try to teach them and they look at you like you're an asshole interfering with their "paycheck for doing nothing". I'm tired of dealing with the little lazy bastards that think that all they gotta do to get paid is show up....on time....when it doesn't interfere with their plans.

Thing is, they don't know how, but they don't want to know how. Try to teach them and they look at you like you're an asshole interfering with their "paycheck for doing nothing". I'm tired of dealing with the little lazy bastards that think that all they gotta do to get paid is show up....on time....when it doesn't interfere with their plans.
That hasn’t been my experience entirely, but if this is the case, we should probably stop trying to kick the Mexicans out.

OP speaks the truth. However, it is possible to turn back the hands of time, at least a little bit.

My plans are to start riding again, join the senior circuit. In order to do this I need to be in much better shape. I've been lifting a little bit for the past year, not trying to get swol, it's just that a little extra muscle helps get the chores done easier. I started rucking several weeks ago. Started with just a short, brisk hike. Been trying to add either weight or distance, or go faster each time. It's amazing how much better I feel when I actually do my work out and don't skip it, which is easy to convince myself to do.

The other day, for the first time in probably close to 10 years, I actually sprinted. Now, I used to be pretty damned fast in my younger days. I'm not that fast anymore, but I actually did a full out sprint. Old sprung knees, ankles that snap and pop - but must be the hiking I've been doing. Nothing seems to grease the old joints like regular exercise.

OP speaks the truth. However, it is possible to turn back the hands of time, at least a little bit.

My plans are to start riding again, join the senior circuit. In order to do this I need to be in much better shape. I've been lifting a little bit for the past year, not trying to get swol, it's just that a little extra muscle helps get the chores done easier. I started rucking several weeks ago. Started with just a short, brisk hike. Been trying to add either weight or distance, or go faster each time. It's amazing how much better I feel when I actually do my work out and don't skip it, which is easy to convince myself to do.

The other day, for the first time in probably close to 10 years, I actually sprinted. Now, I used to be pretty damned fast in my younger days. I'm not that fast anymore, but I actually did a full out sprint. Old sprung knees, ankles that snap and pop - but must be the hiking I've been doing. Nothing seems to grease the old joints like regular exercise.
If you see me running I'd advise you to keep up. It means the shit has hit the fan and I'm out of bullets.

One of my supervisors told me that a good journeyman can take an all day job and be done by first break, then take a thirty minute job and make it last the rest of the day.