SEC 2024-No Divisions, 8 conference games

And your other three OCC games?

Middle Tennessee @ Bama
South Florida @ Bama
Chattanooga @ Bama (late November)

vsfxZO2Kea5mYvyCrwb_9_1yjGtNK76FaZiYjSGDkF3wV3sCP-We98sFOHNajqov6h-AlizNC0vKzBAy5BKp

So what? We played neutered games damn near every year vs top 10 opponents. I’d take a neutral field vs a Michigan or USC over a home and home with Georgia Tech or Michigan State.
Again, Bama, UGA, and your top teams are damned near unbeatable but “Neutral”. Fucking LOL

If it's embarrassing then why does the SEC schedule like that and better yet why does the SEC refuse to play their conference members? If you don't know the answers I can explain it.
Three words. A bowl game. And last year the best players opted out because it is meaningless. At-least for UK.

EDIT: Our Games against UGA, Bama, SC and FL are a good mix. But again, we shouldnt be playing those cupcakes.

Has any conference ever given up something without some form of compensation? I think it is inevitable that it will happen because a 3-6-6 just makes too much sense. Only having 1 perm. rival (1-7-7) hurts tradition too much, and 3 seems about the right number needed.

Anyone thinking the SEC is afraid to play another conference game is just being foolish. Yes, the lower teams will be giving up a W. Yes, there will be years where you will not have 7 home games. If they get the $ bump, they will do it.

Has any conference ever given up something without some form of compensation? I think it is inevitable that it will happen because a 3-6-6 just makes too much sense. Only having 1 perm. rival (1-7-7) hurts tradition too much, and 3 seems about the right number needed.

Anyone thinking the SEC is afraid to play another conference game is just being foolish. Yes, the lower teams will be giving up a W. Yes, there will be years where you will not have 7 home games. If they get the $ bump, they will do it.
The B1G got it right 1-3 flex rivals schools choose their rivalry games they want to keep and 9 game rotating conference schedule. B1G just raised the bar on the SEC imo. SC also keeping their ND rivalry and play LSU in 2024 and Ole Miss home and home in 25/26 along with Ohio State at the shoe in 25. Now let’s see if the SEC goes to a 9 game conference schedule no excuses to play an 8 game schedule imo

EAED9538-C7A2-4F5B-9A07-5C8B7BA48BD1.jpeg

The B1G got it right 1-3 flex rivals schools choose their rivalry games they want to keep and 9 game rotating conference schedule. B1G just raised the bar on the SEC imo. SC also keeping their ND rivalry and play LSU in 2024 and Ole Miss home and home in 25/26 along with Ohio State at the shoe in 25. Now let’s see if the SEC goes to a 9 game conference schedule no excuses to play an 8 game schedule imo

View attachment 19810
The SEC will absolutely go to a 9 game conference schedule. Had we waited to see Texas and Oklahoma join in 2025 as planned, it would have happened then. Here we are with them joining a year early, and the logistics of rescheduling OOC became the problem. Y'all motherfuckers outside the SEC are constantly trying to pick gnat shit out of pepper just to justify why you can't beat an SEC team when it actually matters. This shit drives me nuts sometimes, but then I realize I shouldn't give a rat's ass because "BACK2BACK", baby!!!!!

Edited to add: 3 of the 4 playoff teams last year played 9 game conference schedules. All 3 of them lost. What is the thought process? If the SEC plays a 9 game conference schedule, they won't have a team make the playoff? I just don't understand the whine.

Last edited:
The SEC will absolutely go to a 9 game conference schedule. Had we waited to see Texas and Oklahoma join in 2025 as planned, it would have happened then. Here we are with them joining a year early, and the logistics of rescheduling OOC became the problem. Y'all motherfuckers outside the SEC are constantly trying to pick gnat shit out of pepper just to justify why you can't beat an SEC team when it actually matters. This shit drives me nuts sometimes, but then I realize I shouldn't give a rat's ass because "BACK2BACK", baby!!!!!
SC has always scheduled SEC OOC LSU in 24 Ole Miss home and home after. They also have a winning record vs the SEC. Bama is the only school that has given SC fits. That is not the problem…

The SEC is staying on an 8 game schedule to avoid a guaranteed loss spread throughout the conference by using an extra IOC game without the implications that come with a conference game. Basically manipulating win loss records which reflects on everything from rankings to bowl eligibility etc. Tbh the SEC and ACC should have gone to a 9 game conference schedule a long time ago.Especially with expansion UGA has barely played Bama and I don’t think they’ve ever played aTm that needs to be fixed imo. I don’t think it will too many SEC teams don’t want anything to do with a 9 game conference schedule.

The B1G got it right 9 game conference schedule , flex rivalries chosen by the teams and a rotating conference schedule. As college football fans I would think we all want the highest competition level possible let’s see if the SEC and ACC follow suit with the B1G’s format and up their competition level.

Fwiw the B1G announced their schedules for the 2024 and 2025 seasons. SC plays Ohio State at the Shoe in 25

Last edited: