SEC 2024-No Divisions, 8 conference games

SC has always scheduled SEC OOC LSU in 24 Ole Miss home and home after. They also have a winning record vs the SEC. Bama is the only school that has given SC fits. That is not the problem…

The SEC is staying on an 8 game schedule to avoid a guaranteed loss spread throughout the conference by using an extra IOC game without the implications that come with a conference game. Basically manipulating win loss records which reflects on everything from rankings to bowl eligibility etc. Tbh the SEC and ACC should have gone to a 9 game conference schedule a long time ago.Especially with expansion UGA has barely played Bama and I don’t think they’ve ever played aTm that needs to be fixed imo. I don’t think it will too many SEC teams don’t want anything to do with a 9 game conference schedule.

The B1G got it right 9 game conference schedule , flex rivalries chosen by the teams and a rotating conference schedule. As college football fans I would think we all want the highest competition level possible let’s see if the SEC and ACC follow suit with the B1G’s format and up their competition level.
The 6-3 model for a 9 game schedule for the SEC has been the most popular for over a year. What I posted about the logistics of pulling it off a year early came straight from Greg Sankey. <<<<Top dog conference president. In 2024, UGA will play 8 conference games. They will start the season versus Clemson and finish the season versus Georgia Tech. That's 10 P-5 opponents.

The 6-3 model for a 9 game schedule for the SEC has been the most popular for over a year. What I posted about the logistics of pulling it off a year early came straight from Greg Sankey. <<<<Top dog conference president. In 2024, UGA will play 8 conference games. They will start the season versus Clemson and finish the season versus Georgia Tech. That's 10 P-5 opponents.
I think I read something about Sankey wanting to go to a 9 game conference schedule. But too many SEC teams shot it down. I believe it said a lot of them were worried about bowl rligibility on a 9 game conference schedule. Personally I have always thought 6-6 is too low for bowl eligibility at least 7-6 imo. But these teams do know hey are manipulating the system. As a fan of the sport I want to see an even playing field. Which would mean all conferences play either 8 or 9 conference games. Preferably 9 to raise the quality of games.

Playing OOC games like Clemson is great but they don’t hold the same consequences as a conference game. SC plays ND every year on a 9 game conference schedule so they’ll always play 10 P5 teams. More times than not they play 11 p5’s and 1 G5 no FCS. While SC’s schedule will be brutal I wouldn’t want it any other way.

I do also think Sankey dropped the ball on the SEC rivalry format. There’s a lot the SEC and ACC can learn from the format the B1G is using and implement. Then again I also think the NCAA and conference commissioners are useless one commissioner one set of rules and format all conferences follow imo.

I think I read something about Sankey wanting to go to a 9 game conference schedule. But too many SEC teams shot it down. I believe it said a lot of them were worried about bowl rligibility on a 9 game conference schedule. Personally I have always thought 6-6 is too low for bowl eligibility at least 7-6 imo. But these teams do know hey are manipulating the system. As a fan of the sport I want to see an even playing field. Which would mean all conferences play either 8 or 9 conference games. Preferably 9 to raise the quality of games.

Playing OOC games like Clemson is great but they don’t hold the same consequences as a conference game. SC plays ND every year on a 9 game conference schedule so they’ll always play 10 P5 teams. More times than not they play 11 p5’s and 1 G5 no FCS. While SC’s schedule will be brutal I wouldn’t want it any other way.

I do also think Sankey dropped the ball on the SEC rivalry format. There’s a lot the SEC and ACC can learn from the format the B1G is using and implement. Then again I also think the NCAA and conference commissioners are useless one commissioner one set of rules and format all conferences follow imo.
I think that no matter what anyone does, we will always have whiny bitches that just want something to bitch about.

I think that no matter what anyone does, we will always have whiny bitches that just want something to bitch about.
I believe that has more to do with the modern day culture of participation trophies and taking the east way out. Raise the stakes and competition level. When you work hard and earn something it just means more .

I believe that has more to do with the modern day culture of participation trophies and taking the east way out. Raise the stakes and competition level. When you work hard and earn something it just means more .
That sounds a lot like what Kirby is preaching to his players. It has worked twice. We'll see how it works going forward.

That sounds a lot like what Kirby is preaching to his players. It has worked twice. We'll see how it works going forward.
I could be wrong but I think Kirby UGA may have been in the minority that voted in favor of a 9 game conference schedule recently. The others complained about bowl eligibility and increasing injuries. Which makes no sense injuries are a risk during any football game. I could see if they were complains about an unnecessary risk like playing on turf. But complaining about an extr as conference gam is absurd imo

I could be wrong but I think Kirby UGA may have been in the minority that voted in favor of a 9 game conference schedule recently. The others complained about bowl eligibility and increasing injuries. Which makes no sense injuries are a risk during any football game. I could see if they were complains about an unnecessary risk like playing on turf. But complaining about an extr as conference gam is absurd imo
1686285668438.jpeg

Playing an 8 game conference schedule allows SEC teams the ability to schedule more quality OOC games.

laugh-lol.gif

Last edited: