The new and improved Good Morning thread!

d2d5018c8ea9c44d3067d115680c75a1.jpg

At the gun show on Saturday that I went to I bought what was supposed to be a custom 7mm mag. Was built on a Springfield A3O3 action, custom stock with rose wood forearm cap. The barrel is marked 7mm mag but has no other identifying makers marks which kind of made me a little skeptical. The guy selling it even told me in conversation that he had stuck the old weaver scope it has on it and shot it just enough to get on paper with it. Fucking liar. It is not chambered for 7 mag. The bolt will not close on a 7 mag. Its not even close. I kept playing with casings and eventually the bolt would close on an empty 308 casing, so it's leading me to wonder if it's not actually a 7mm-08. I need to get some cerro safe make a cast of the bore and get some measurements to see what I actually have. I'm rather pissed off about it.

At the gun show on Saturday that I went to I bought what was supposed to be a custom 7mm mag. Was built on a Springfield A3O3 action, custom stock with rose wood forearm cap. The barrel is marked 7mm mag but has no other identifying makers marks which kind of made me a little skeptical. The guy selling it even told me in conversation that he had stuck the old weaver scope it has on it and shot it just enough to get on paper with it. Fucking liar. It is not chambered for 7 mag. The bolt will not close on a 7 mag. Its not even close. I kept playing with casings and eventually the bolt would close on an empty 308 casing, so it's leading me to wonder if it's not actually a 7mm-08. I need to get some cerro safe make a cast of the bore and get some measurements to see what I actually have. I'm rather pissed off about it.
Damn, bet you are some kinda pissed off.

Sorry. Your only two options are live and learn or meet him at a Waffle House.