The new and improved Good Morning thread!

Good morning everyone, painting trim on stairs this morning. Freakin sucks. I hate painting. It's all along my nice new steps and redone landing. I've been putting it off. Did I mention I hate painting. View attachment 4071View attachment 4072
Cope I know I am a day late, but flooring looks great. I am with you, I hate painting. I can't say that statement enough.

Gog help whoever gets my stuff when I'm gone.. Everything I own has a "Trick" to it..
so I'm cutting grass yesterday in the front yard, there is a small ditch that goes under the driveway, I went over the ditch in such a way that it twisted my lawn mower and the deck (blades) belt came off one of the pulleys, I'm a fat ass, so this is not as easy to recover from as it would be for most of you.
I got out my harbor freight moving blanket (on sale for 4.99)(everybody ought to have 3 or 4), spread it out so I could get down and look to see whats going on.. sure enough the belt is under one of the pulleys,,

now I need to tell you, I'm not the kind of guy who is going to disconnect the deck and slide it out from under the mower, then remove the belt keeper guides,, no fucking way. so I put the deck in lowest position and reach in from a laying on the blanket position and start to try to pull, push, twist, jerk, whatever the belt back between the pulley and the guide.

after much cussing, sweating, scraped knuckles, and a bit of blood, I got it back on,, finished the front and pulled around to the back and shut my mower down to go get a beer and a cigarette, when I got back on the mower, the damn blades wouldnt turn, I reckon the belt was off again.. fixed it a 2nd time, more cussing, sweating, scraped knuckles, and a bit more blood, cut for a while until I had to run up on a corner of the fence,, you have to stop the blades to put it in reverse or it kills the motor,

Now, this is a whole nuther story, but I'd like to find the GD engineer who thought up that bullshit and punch him right in the fucking throat.

when I backed up and put it back in forward, and started the blades, nothing! Lots of cussing and kicking ensued on my way back to the house for another beer and another cigarette.. that turned into two and then three, and finally, I said fuck it and started on the Bourbon and got some burgers ready for the grill.

I woke up this morning and did my morning stuff, coffee :), SEC BLT's, (happy fathers day to me) and finally back outside, put the belt back on for the 3rd time, cut for a while till I had to reverse again, and again, the belt came off, put it on for the 4th time. cut for a while and it came off again,, after stopping (theres a clue here if your not a dumbass like me).

So, I'm having a beer, looking at my half cut yard, and it occurs to me, that when I disengage the pto lever or whatever that is called, the belt is too loose and the drive pulley is just throwing the belt each time, what if I turn the mower off with the blades still running, and after the drive pulley is stopped, then disengage the blade tension lever.. It worked :) Finished cutting without further incident.

Do you think I'll go ahead and change the worn out deck belt or continue to use my new start stop method until that no longer works? If you chose B, come on over and I'll buy you a beer :)

Gog help whoever gets my stuff when I'm gone.. Everything I own has a "Trick" to it..
so I'm cutting grass yesterday in the front yard, there is a small ditch that goes under the driveway, I went over the ditch in such a way that it twisted my lawn mower and the deck (blades) belt came off one of the pulleys, I'm a fat ass, so this is not as easy to recover from as it would be for most of you.
I got out my harbor freight moving blanket (on sale for 4.99)(everybody ought to have 3 or 4), spread it out so I could get down and look to see whats going on.. sure enough the belt is under one of the pulleys,,

now I need to tell you, I'm not the kind of guy who is going to disconnect the deck and slide it out from under the mower, then remove the belt keeper guides,, no fucking way. so I put the deck in lowest position and reach in from a laying on the blanket position and start to try to pull, push, twist, jerk, whatever the belt back between the pulley and the guide.

after much cussing, sweating, scraped knuckles, and a bit of blood, I got it back on,, finished the front and pulled around to the back and shut my mower down to go get a beer and a cigarette, when I got back on the mower, the damn blades wouldnt turn, I reckon the belt was off again.. fixed it a 2nd time, more cussing, sweating, scraped knuckles, and a bit more blood, cut for a while until I had to run up on a corner of the fence,, you have to stop the blades to put it in reverse or it kills the motor,

Now, this is a whole nuther story, but I'd like to find the GD engineer who thought up that bullshit and punch him right in the fucking throat.

when I backed up and put it back in forward, and started the blades, nothing! Lots of cussing and kicking ensued on my way back to the house for another beer and another cigarette.. that turned into two and then three, and finally, I said fuck it and started on the Bourbon and got some burgers ready for the grill.

I woke up this morning and did my morning stuff, coffee :), SEC BLT's, (happy fathers day to me) and finally back outside, put the belt back on for the 3rd time, cut for a while till I had to reverse again, and again, the belt came off, put it on for the 4th time. cut for a while and it came off again,, after stopping (theres a clue here if your not a dumbass like me).

So, I'm having a beer, looking at my half cut yard, and it occurs to me, that when I disengage the pto lever or whatever that is called, the belt is too loose and the drive pulley is just throwing the belt each time, what if I turn the mower off with the blades still running, and after the drive pulley is stopped, then disengage the blade tension lever.. It worked :) Finished cutting without further incident.

Do you think I'll go ahead and change the worn out deck belt or continue to use my new start stop method until that no longer works? If you chose B, come on over and I'll buy you a beer :)
I’m exhausted just reading that. Now I want a beer, bourbon and cigarette (and I don’t smoke) and just call it a day. So, happy Father’s Day and cheers.

Also, voting plan B.