Conference Realignment?

That was what ESPN wanted and the PAC refused. Now, they will be more selective.

Gotta catch up on the news/rumors, been vacationing in the Rockies (w no service) and just saw the CU news.
just noticed this part -
aggressive move by Yormark,
while the PAC is nearing the edge of the cliff -
giphy.gif

huskies3.jpg

yep -
which makes me wonder why Utah is (apparently) quiet -
and sadly, ASU will likely be left behind, -

It will be interesting to see how the posturing changes now that Colorado left. Arizona and Colorado were the only ones with serious Big 12 conversations before the move but Colorado leaving changes that dynamic. I would expect that the school's positions have changed drastically over the last 2 days. Depending on what BY is hearing from other schools, he may put Arizona on the clock.

There are multiple reports saying that the Big 12 only wants to go to 14. My sources continue to say that the Big 12 would take Arizona, Oregon and Washington at this time. The remains the Big 12's goal. They believe getting Arizona will force Oregon and Washington to make a move.

Can confirm that FOX is pushing for Oregon to join the Big Ten for 2024. Not sure if the university presidents will budge.

They will need an even number of teams.

Correct. Based on previous conversations I have had, Washington would almost certainly be their partner. It makes sense from many perspectives. Washington fits the Big Ten profile better than Oregon and would be a natural rival/travel partner to Oregon. But my source says that FOX is pushing the issue to get Oregon into the Big Ten.

Last edited:
Correct. Based on previous conversations I have, Washington would almost certainly be their partner. It makes sense from many perspectives. Washington fits the Big Ten profile better than Oregon and would be a natural rival/travel partner to Oregon. But my source says that FOX is pushing the issue to get Oregon into the Big Ten.
Oregon has the Nike thing going for it. If not for that they would be looking at the Mountain West conference.