Hello friends

I hope that heals fast and well.

Just waiting the healing out to see if there is any permanent nerve damage. Doc wanted to go back in and explore but that would have put me out for an extended period of time. I can tolerate some nerve pain if I can still use my hand. So I’m gonna keep working and wait for it to heal completely and see where we are at. If the numbness and nerve pain is still there then I’ll have surgery and can set my schedule accordingly.

Just waiting the healing out to see if there is any permanent nerve damage. Doc wanted to go back in and explore but that would have put me out for an extended period of time. I can tolerate some nerve pain if I can still use my hand. So I’m gonna keep working and wait for it to heal completely and see where we are at. If the numbness and nerve pain is still there then I’ll have surgery and can set my schedule accordingly.

I have a lot of nerve pain along the scars on my knee from my first surgery in the 80s. The good news is that Gabapentin has done really well at managing the pain and numbness. Best of luck avoiding any nerve damage! BTW, people that know me would be remiss if I do not advise you to use less lotion to avoid slipping off and hitting the headboard. ;)

2019 I guess did have its good spots.

I finally took my trip to Germany to see my Uncle that I have wanted to do for most of my life.

But:

Put my mom in a nursing home due to dementia

Lost a job

Went through a break up

My father died in late December in a work accident, and that has pretty much destroyed my world as I knew it.

We lost dad not too long ago and I know how rough that is. If you need anything, just give me a yell!

I finally took my trip to Germany to see my Uncle that I have wanted to do for most of my life.

But:

Lost a job

Went through a break up

My father died in late December in a work accident, and that has pretty much destroyed my world as I knew it.

Feel free to vent anytime good sir. It may not fix your problems, but it does make you feel a bit better to get it off your chest. 2020 is looking to be insane for my wife & her side of the family with relative health problems. Basically you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and just keep surviving.

But:

Lost a job

Went through a break up

Just damn. Sad to hear all that.

I love you, man. Miss you too. We might not be good for nothing but a good laugh, but laughter helps to heal the soul.

Grab a beer and let's do this!

What's YOUR excuse, doc?
I won't make my post too long, and I am not sure who all is here... but I see many familiar names.

I know I was gone without a whisper which sometimes leaves people to wonder. But I am alive and well, although 2019 was not so kind to me so I have been away from a lot of the world.

I am just stopping in to say hello mostly.

I love you guys.

#NewGoatSBChamp!!
#GunsUp
#Cowbell

@TechRaiderRider Thanks for pointing me here my friend.

I will try and check in over the next couple of days.
May the good Lord keep you, and bless you and yours!😇

I won't make my post too long, and I am not sure who all is here... but I see many familiar names.

I know I was gone without a whisper which sometimes leaves people to wonder. But I am alive and well, although 2019 was not so kind to me so I have been away from a lot of the world.

I love you guys.

#NewGoatSBChamp!!
#GunsUp
#Cowbell

good to hear from you again, brother -

guns up!!

But:

Lost a job

Went through a break up

Damn!!! Whoever said life is boring hasn't experienced life. And I speak from experience. God bless, dude.

Just damn. Sad to hear all that.

I love you, man. Miss you too. We might not be good for nothing but a good laugh, but laughter helps to heal the soul.

Grab a beer and let's do this!

I never knew I could fit even more whiskey into this body, but I will be gogdamn.. The last month has to be some sort of world record.

Good to see you my friend... truly. And all the usual suspects as well of course.

I never knew I could fit even more whiskey into this body, but I will be gogdamn.. The last month has to be some sort of world record.

Good to see you my friend... truly. And all the usual suspects as well of course.

My family is strange … we tend to throw a party/BBQ after a funeral. I took two weeks of my vacation time when Dad passed and we stayed whiskey drunk for most of that. I was so hungover leaving Alabama that I damn near got a hotel room in Chattanooga after three hours of driving. For the first couple of weeks back at work, Dad's passing would hit me hard at random times. My last breakdown was in the locker room while taking my after shift shower. You will think of him every day for the rest of your life but the sadness will slowly be replaced by your happier memories. Hang in there, brother, it will get better.

I love you guys.

#NewGoatSBChamp!!
#GunsUp
#Cowbell

good to see you Tortilla.

My family is strange … we tend to throw a party/BBQ after a funeral. I took two weeks of my vacation time when Dad passed and we stayed whiskey drunk for most of that. I was so hungover leaving Alabama that I damn near got a hotel room in Chattanooga after three hours of driving. For the first couple of weeks back at work, Dad's passing would hit me hard at random times. My last breakdown was in the locker room while taking my after shift shower. You will think of him every day for the rest of your life but the sadness will slowly be replaced by your happier memories. Hang in there, brother, it will get better.

Yeah, I guess depending on how you look at it... I was lucky enough to not have started a job when my dad died... so I have been able to take all the time I have needed.. so far... But that puts me about 4-5 months with no job.. Luckily I was blessed with some decent paying jobs in my days so it won't get overly stressful on that front until another month or two. But in reality I can pick up a job any time, so I am not worried.

If someone would have called and said he had a heart attack or something I might not be so torn up, but the way it happened has been killing me a little more.

The moments alone are the fucking worst. I try and keep in contact with people and stay around friends, but they all eventually go back to their normal busy lives.. and then I get stuck in my own mind.

Anyway, I rambled enough, thank you my friend.

Yeah, I guess depending on how you look at it... I was lucky enough to not have started a job when my dad died... so I have been able to take all the time I have needed.. so far... But that puts me about 4-5 months with no job.. Luckily I was blessed with some decent paying jobs in my days so it won't get overly stressful on that front until another month or two. But in reality I can pick up a job any time, so I am not worried.

If someone would have called and said he had a heart attack or something I might not be so torn up, but the way it happened has been killing me a little more.

The moments alone are the fucking worst. I try and keep in contact with people and stay around friends, but they all eventually go back to their normal busy lives.. and then I get stuck in my own mind.

I'm sorry for what you are going through. Know that there are people here that you can reach out to anytime. God bless.

I remember very well, my friend. When I lost my Pops, Rivals ended up being my escape and support group. The real world moved on. Many of those that helped me get through it are here now. You can't be bitter with the rest of the world around you. Getting through it ain't easy and it's different for all of us. The best you can do is find a place to vent and keep putting one foot in front of the other until you find terms with your loss that you can deal with. It'll be 9 years later this year, and I think I've done a decent job of making him proud of how I've learned to deal with losing him. I miss him every day, but I also learn something from him every day still.

Hope you're able to go back to work soon, maybe that can help you focus on something else for short periods of time. Day-by-day, friend.

@
I remember very well, my friend. When I lost my Pops, Rivals ended up being my escape and support group. The real world moved on. Many of those that helped me get through it are here now. You can't be bitter with the rest of the world around you. Getting through it ain't easy and it's different for all of us. The best you can do is find a place to vent and keep putting one foot in front of the other until you find terms with your loss that you can deal with. It'll be 9 years later this year, and I think I've done a decent job of making him proud of how I've learned to deal with losing him. I miss him every day, but I also learn something from him every day still.

So has everyone from "back in the day" all but moved over to this place now? I was trying to @ some names but they didn't come up.

Or are people splitting time between here/rivals/hoop?

@

So has everyone from "back in the day" all but moved over to this place now? I was trying to @ some names but they didn't come up.

Or are people splitting time between here/rivals/hoop?

It's a slow migration, but we have many of the good ones here and all of the others at least know about this place. You missed the "great purge", didn't you?

It's a slow migration, but we have many of the good ones here and all of the others at least know about this place. You missed the "great purge", didn't you?

Oh no, I was caught in the great purge for sure, as an innocent by standard probably by association with you damn degenerates hahaha!

Then I posted on hoop for a little bit after with everyone, and then that's when shit started hitting the fan for me IRL so I have been gone the last like 7-8 months maybe?