What are we drinking tonight?

I love it as the foundation of a Perfect Manhattan.
I'm trying to make my first Manhattans, Google says 2 shots rye 1 shot vermouth, 2 dashes bitters and a orange slice twist. First one was very good, similar to an old fashioned, care to expound on your recipe, I'm using two ice cubes, Google said to chill and serve with no ice,,
Talk to me goose!

IMG_20221014_163457779.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to make my first Manhattans, Google says 2 shots rye 1 shot vermouth, 2 dashes bitters and a orange slice twist. First one was very good, similar to an old fashioned, care to expound on your recipe, I'm using two ice cubes, Google said to chill and serve with no ice,,
Talk to me goose!

View attachment 15734

Prolly keep the baked beans out of it and you got a winner.....maybe?

Talk to me goose!

View attachment 15734
I’d suggest the variation called a Perfect Manhattan. Still 1 oz of vermouth, but split it 50/50 between dry vermouth and sweet vermouth. Lose that orange slice and replace it with a single Luxardo cherry at the bottom of the glass. Lose the Peychaud’s bitters (better suited for a Sazerac) and just go with the regular Angostura orange bitters. Finally, use a martini glass that has been frosting in the freezer for an hour or so.

Easy way to remember the ingredients is to think of the Manhattan area code. 212.

2 oz bourbon or rye
1 oz of vermouth
2 dashes of bitters.

Na zdrowie!

Talk to me goose!

View attachment 15734
Also, forgot to mention … stir in a shaker of ice then strain into the martini glass. Some prefer on the rocks but I like ‘em up.